Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to get a gold number...?

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Hi guys,

I remember way back when, there was a team you could contact at Vodafone who would supply a list of Gold Number you could pick from.

I have had my personal number for years now and am at the point where I'm wanting to change it. But want to change it a decent easy to remember number.

I wondered if it'd be possible to be put in touch with that team or if they still exist. 

If not, my plan B is to buy one from eBay when I see one I really like and then just port it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donnyguy

Just to close this thread off, Vodafone did send me a list of numbers but price wise, you'd be better off looking at the gold number listings on eBay and then porting in.

For example a number that is listed for £149 on eBay is being offered by the Vodafone team for £750.

But great respose by the eForum team, it took a couple of days to get the information.

View solution in original position

29 REPLIES 29

Hi Lee,

On eBay they sell them as PAYG sim cards with gold numbers attached (to be fair, I think the sellers basically stalk the pre-pay sims that are on sale at supermarkets etc and buy the one with good numbers before selling them on at a premium).

So if you buy one and it's connected to a non Vodafone network then you register it, then call and get your PAC code. The rest is BAU, log into your VF account and select the option to import a number. 

If the number is on a VF pre-pay (and the one's I'm looking at are as I prefer VF prefixs such as 07771, 07775 or 07788) then I'd have to port it to another network before porting it back in.

Sounds like a pain but a port takes one business day and if there's a saving of several hundred pounds then it's worth the effort!!

Hi 

I called up customer service line today to inquire about gold numbers and I was told that I have to get a contract before they can tell me the list of gold numbers that are available and prices.

Is there any way I can get a list of gold numbers that are availble before I can sign up the contract?

hi, please could you message me the details of how to contact the correct department to obtain the list and pricing of the gold numbers? I have had a memorable vodafone number for 20 odd years and would like a similar one for an additional contract.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lemakw We'll be happy to help you with this 😊

So we can access your account and get your gold number set up, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

My gold number has been disconnected. I would like this number back 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@User818 I'm sorry to hear your number's been disconnected, it may be possible for us to retrieve this for you if it hasn't been long. Please can you contact our team privately using one of the following channels, we'll then see if we can pull the number back for you: 

Twitter - @VodafoneUK

Facebook – Vodafone UK

Live chat – Click Here

I have tried to no avail, please can you help 

I have tried but to no avail.

Please can you help with this?

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@User818 Could you please let us know when you got in touch with us via our Social Channels? Was it via Facebook or Twitter and could you also let us know your Facebook name or Twitter handle, so I can find your post? If you wouldn't like to upload this publicly, please add it to your profile - this information will then be kept private. With these details I'll be able to ensure someone is working on your query 😊

No one has actioned anything

Please send me a private email or message