Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to get a gold number...?

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Hi guys,

I remember way back when, there was a team you could contact at Vodafone who would supply a list of Gold Number you could pick from.

I have had my personal number for years now and am at the point where I'm wanting to change it. But want to change it a decent easy to remember number.

I wondered if it'd be possible to be put in touch with that team or if they still exist. 

If not, my plan B is to buy one from eBay when I see one I really like and then just port it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donnyguy

Just to close this thread off, Vodafone did send me a list of numbers but price wise, you'd be better off looking at the gold number listings on eBay and then porting in.

For example a number that is listed for £149 on eBay is being offered by the Vodafone team for £750.

But great respose by the eForum team, it took a couple of days to get the information.

View solution in original position

29 REPLIES 29

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. If you hang on hopefully one of the eforum team will be in touch with details on how to get what you want.

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Perhaps speak with Vodafone Customer service on 191 or Live Chat for assistance with this. 

I hope the costs are not too high for such a number. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Oh good Lord, speak to Customer Service on 191 or Live Chat?

After my previous experiences doing exactly that, I think I can honestly say I'd rather walk naked through the fiery flames of hell! :smileyvery-happy:

I do recall there was a team dedicated to this, they'd send out the list of available numbers and the assosiated price list.

But in the meantime, I'm still eBay trawling. There's some good numbers on there for sale.

forumfairy
13: Advanced Member

The dedicated team can be contacted by email - I'm sure the Tech team will be able to provide you with the email address once they pick up this message. 🙂

BandOfBrothers

Hi @donnyguy

Totally appreciate your viewpoint.  :Winking_smiley:

Really Customer service via phone or online chat should be able to guide you on this. 

That said as @63johnw has advised the Vodafone Team here on the forum should be able to bring you in via Pm to further advise. 

Current Phone  >

@donnyguy We'll be happy to look into this for you.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

donnyguy

Thanks for getting back to me Colleen - that's very much appreciated.

I've followed the instructions as per the PM and look forward to hearing from the team.

donnyguy

Just to close this thread off, Vodafone did send me a list of numbers but price wise, you'd be better off looking at the gold number listings on eBay and then porting in.

For example a number that is listed for £149 on eBay is being offered by the Vodafone team for £750.

But great respose by the eForum team, it took a couple of days to get the information.

BandOfBrothers

Thank you for updating your thread.  :Smiling:

WoW that's a chunk of cash ! :smileysurprised:

May I ask....

The gold numbers on eBay. 

What are they currently connected to @donnyguy ?

How would they be ported in to Vodafone?

Current Phone  >