Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I need a combined monthly Bill

Banners24b
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

It seems since I upgraded my phone in Sept 21, Vodafone now split out the device and airtime bills into two separate invoices - this is absolutely no good for me as I need a single bill with all payments shown to claim my phone bill back via the work expense system. 

I've tried calling and the totally useless Tobi chat bot, so this is my last hope. 

If anyone from Vodafone replies, please don't tell me it's now shown as an Airtime and device plan as separate invoices - I understand that. What I want to know is how to get them into a single invoice like it has been for the last 15 years I've been with Vodafone

9 REPLIES 9

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Banners24b - I'm sorry you couldn't get the answer you needed via TOBi. 

As your device plan is a separate financial agreement, we're not able to provide a combined bill with both this and your airtime plan on. 

You'll receive an annual summary with confirmation of your payments and balance paid and the remaining amount - you can also view and manage this on your My Vodafone account online

Thanks Amanda,

That is going to be really frustrating I expect not just for me but a lot of other Vodafone customers who claim their phone bill via a company expense system - how can I raise this with Vodafone as something they can look to develop, it seems like they didn't think this through. 

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Can you explain the situation to your employer and ask if they will accept two pieces of paper a month?   You could, presumably, put a single total on the claim and simply support it with the two bills, just as you would for subsistence, etc.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand that and thank you for the feedback @Banners24b - are you able to provide a printed off screen of your device plan payments, to provide to your employer instead?

I'll feed this back for you, to help improve things for the future. 

It needs to be two invoices both showing VAT details for Vodafone, As far as I can see only the airtime invoice has VAT details. the device plan just shows the direct debit amount.

There must be loads of Vodafone customers out there who need both sides of the phone plane to show VAT details especially those running their own businesses who need it for HMRC VAT returns

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you for confirming this for us @Banners24b. As you're paying for your Device plan and Airtime plan separately, you can call us on 191 (free from your Vodafone phone) to request a VAT receipt for the Device plan when needed. 

This issue doesn't appear to have been resolved.  I'm in the same situation as the person who put up a post about this back in November  - I also need to provide VAT invoices to my employer (and HMRC) for payments made for my device - both airtime AND the device plan.  I've spent about an hour on the phone (when I eventually managed to get through to a person).  who provided me with one invoice for March but then told me she couldn't generate them for any other months.  I, and many others, need an invoice/receipt for the payments that we have made to Vodafone.  It's unrealistic to expect us to call 191 and spend hours every month trying to do something that we used to be able to do with a few clicks on our online accounts!   

Problem solved!  After much toing and froing, I've discovered that it's possible to request a VAT invoice via the My Vodafone app;  On the app home page select Your plans - Device Plan - View More Details - Click on Active device plans and at the bottom of the page there's an option that says 'I need to request a VAT invoice'.   Hope that helps others in the same situation!

It took an upscale to a manager at customer services to sort this out.  I've suggested that Vodafone need to make all their customer services agents aware of it.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @loubyg63, you can request a VAT invoice through the My Vodafone app. If you have any trouble requesting it through the app, pop us a message through one of our social channels and we'll be able get this sent to you while you carry on with your day. 

*EDIT* I'm glad to hear you got everything sorted @loubyg63, for some reason your latest message didn't show in the thread until after originally posted my message. I'm surprised there appears to be a knowledge gap and so many of our Customer Service team weren't aware of this option, I'll definitely be getting this fed back for you and it'll get addressed accordingly.