Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ID fraud victim and vodafone cleared after investigation

shaider2004
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I was recently been a victim of ID theft, someone ordered a phone using my name, DOB and address.

I just found about it only thru when a debt collection mail came to my letterbox and demanding payment.

Obviously, I called vodafone to discuss the matter, and was advised that an investigation will be done.

Fast forward, i received an email from vodafone saying that the case has been closed and was proven that it was not me who ordered the new phone contract and the credit file will be resolved.

My question is how long will it take to vodafone to revert/sort out the damage that has been done to my credit score/file.

and how would I know if they already have done so?

Thank you for those will be able to assist me on this matter.

2 REPLIES 2

shaider2004

Hi there,

I was recently been a victim of ID theft, someone ordered a phone using my name, DOB and address.

I just found about it only thru when a debt collection mail came to my letterbox and demanding payment.

Obviously, I called vodafone to discuss the matter, and was advised that an investigation will be done.

Fast forward, i received an email from vodafone saying that the case has been closed and was proven that it was not me who ordered the new phone contract and the credit file will be resolved.

My question is how long will it take to vodafone to revert/sort out the damage that has been done to my credit score/file.

and how would I know if they already have done so?

Thank you for those will be able to assist me on this matter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @shaider2004 I'm so glad to hear that we were able to resolve this in your favour. Following an investigation like this, any changes made by us to your Credit File will be visible to potential lenders within two days, and visible to you on your Credit Score withing days. If after 30 days of your resolution your credit file is still showing incorrectly, please drop our Social Media team a message here, and we can look into this further for you