Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming calls when in Europe

TimParis
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since June/July, whenever I am in Europe, my UK iPhone 7 with Vodafone goes immediately to voicemail without ringing at all when anybody from the UK calls me even if I have an excellent signal and am watching the phone waiting for it to ring or vibrate, meaning it is impossible to receive calls when I am out of the UK.  My contract is enabled for roaming, and it has worked fine for the last 10 years until now.  The “Do not disturb” feature is not switched on.  Since it is free to receive calls when in Europe (but I can not) but I have to pay extra to make them (which I have to to call back when I see the voicemail alerts) this is expensive as well as annoying. 

7 REPLIES 7

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @TimParis - How odd! I'm sure we can help with this 😊 Could you please go to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Networks and fill in all settings (including LTE Setup) as:

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk

Username: wap

Password: wap

Once you have done that and restarted your phone if you're still having issues could you please attach a photo of these updated settings?

Hello Evie

I'm not attaching a photo in this public forum for privacy reasons, but yes, the entries are all those you have below, I have restarted the phone multiple times (and again now) and the problem still persists.

Thank you

TimParis

chistery
16: Advanced member

Have you checked the receive calls and texts when abroad isn't set? If it is off, flick to on, wait for confirmation and turn it off again?

Have you got a spend cap of zero set? maybe try changing it?

Thanks Chistery

I don't have a zero spend cap, so it's not that.

I do usually (but not always) receive texts, so it seems unlikely to be the "receive calls and texts when abroad" feature, but I could still check that, but where do I find it please?  Thank you

chistery

It's under manage bars and extras and bars and data alerts.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @TimParis 

If your callers are trying to contact you using 07 try asking them to use +44 (UK country code) dropping the first 0.

donnyguy

The only other suggestion I can think of that hasn't been mentioned here is whether the 'divert all incoming calls' feature is active. 

Might be worth dialling ##002# (type it and dial as a number) to cancel all the diverts on your line. Then try ringing your phone. It shouldn't divert to voicemail. 

If you want to later put the diverts back on (the standard ones, not the divert all) then the code is **004*121*11# (again, type it and dial it as a number)

You can deactivate using 1210 and reactivate using 1211 when in the UK but unsure if that works when roaming. The codes above do.