cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrect Default on my credit file due to Vodafone error, how to remove?

AndrewVan
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

I recieved and email on the 23rd Oct 2017 telling me I had 14 days to pay  (which would have been Mon 6th Nov) an outstanding debt.

There was an original issue around the large debt as to why it was left unresolved, this was due to a dispute on a huge data charge in the £180 mark. But I bit the bullet and paid what was asked to avoid the default.

This was paid on the 2nd of Nov (I have the payment reference and bank statement as proof) and I had a phone call with Vodafone to ensure that this would avoid the default, the operator confirmed it would all be sorted and the default would not be processed as the amount requested in the email was paid in full before the 14 day deadline.

However, when applying for a bank account upgrade I was refused. I looked into the issue and not only was the default placed, but another had also been issued before the email was even sent out? I had no warning of this otherwise I would have paid instantly just like I did the warning I recieved.

And to make matters worse, even though I paid the amount in full, my credit report is saying that there is a £50 outstanding amount on said Default?! why is this? 

I find this highly unfair as I did everything asked of me to stop the issue going this far and now I'm still having to suffer with bad credit.

My contract runs out this month and even though I've been with Vodafone for years I'm sadly considering leaving due to this issue. Please can something be done as each day it's stopping me from sorting important needs for my personal life and business.Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 01.56.19.png

Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

The "account holder" (my husband) has contacted your Social Media team through Twitter with no response. 

The case with Customer Relations was closed without the default being removed. Customer relations do not care and do not do anything to help the customer. 

We had a deadlock with Customer relations and went to CISAS.

CISAS offered settlement which was not acceptable as it does not remove the default. 

Now going back to Customer Relations to reopen the case and still not getting any help.

Just getting different random representatives on the end of the phone is very frustrating, none of which are invested in helping a person out. 

Like I have mentioned on other posts and other media platforms - this has now been taken to the BBC Watchdog and are now starting proceedings through the courts. 

@Gemma - see my response above!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BV1981 - thanks for replying and the other details you’ve given. It’s disappointing to hear the experience you’re having when talking to our Customer Relations team. Although we’re unable to intervene, we can still reach out to Customer Relations for your husband.

Please can you let us know his Twitter username?