Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Issues switching from PAYG to Pay Monthly SIM-only deals

dcollins2030
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi.  I need help switching from PAYG to Pay Monthly SIM only deals.

I came across this page: How do I switch between Pay monthly and Pay as you go? (vodafone.co.uk)

I followed the link in the Pay as you go to pay monthly (SIM only) which took me here: section https://www.vodafone.co.uk/migration/Phase5/

I found the package I wanted - 4GB on a 12 month contract @£11p/m

I selected choose plan which took me to the migration page here: Migration Form (vodafone.co.uk) , I completed and submitted the form.

I then received a confirmation email from vodafone customer care team stating I would hear back with 48 hours once a credit check had been carried out.

Now a week later I'm still waiting to hear back and not sure who to call.  I called the pay monthly new connections team who told me this was not a package they could sell me but that they could sell me a package similar but 40% more expensive....the guy I spoke with told me the deal I had selected was a 3rd party deal.  I asked him who could help me and all he could say is I need to speak with the 3rd party.  Given there was no mention of any 3rd party involvement I don't know who to speak with.

Any advice welcome.

20 REPLIES 20

I've checked into this further and I've found out that the extra £1 is for a security extra that I can opt out of. So it will be £10 after all.

So all good. I'm pleased. I'll stop fretting now.