Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Itemised Bill

Miad1525
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, 

I am in desperate need of some support with understanding why numbers are missing from my itemised bills. There is no record of text messages sent or calls made to particular numbers relating to my workplace. Every other record appears to be accurate and none of the numbers include free numbers (0800 or 0808). 

Numbers from my workplace from friends are present in my itemised bills, but more senior members of staff are missing. I have made a Subject Access Request already. I was reassured that this would provide additional detail that perhaps has been missed on my itemised bills. Alas, I have the same issue. Staff from Vodafone customer care team have also confirmed that the numbers I provided to them are not recognised in connection with my phone. This is despite me being able to see text messages from these individuals in my handset and the call logs being deleted by themselves in the call log in my device that were showing the previous day. 

Please could some direct me to the department that might be able to explain these issues?

Thanks, 

Maria. 

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You would only be able to chargeable outgoing activity @Miad1525 , 0800 and 0808 numbers are freefone non chargeable numbers and wouldn't appear on your itemised billing.  Incoming calls and texts are not chargeable and these would appear on the bill.

The Social Team will get to the thread and give the confirmation you need.

Thanks for your response. 

I am aware that I will not be able to view records of incoming calls or texts. However, I should be able to view outgoing calls and texts to these numbers. These are chargeable. 

Your customer care team and the SAR request has confirmed there is no activity i.e. text messages sent or calls made to these numbers. They have also not provided any explanation for this. 

I would appreciate if someone could advise on this. I am growing quite concerned about my personal data. These are not free numbers and the numbers all relate to one company.

Hey @Miad1525 I can certainly appreciate how concerning this kind of situation can be. 

Typically the only numbers that won't show on an itemised bill are either unchargeable numbers, numbers that have hidden diverts that link them with free phone numbers or withheld numbers, or calls and messages that are made and sent via alternative methods such as WiFi calling, iMessage, Whatsapp etc. 

If you have checked with the owners of the numbers to ensure they do not have any diverts active and you know for sure that the calls and texts were only made and sent through the standard call and text features, please message the Social Media team here so we can investigate this further. 

simax
14: Advanced member

Hi,

Are you able to post the first 4 digits of the phone number?

There are a couple of numbers. Are you having a similar problem?

simax

No - just curious to see what the number range is so maybe can advise further

The mobile numbers Vodafone seem to be providing a plausible response for. However, my itemised bill states that I text 999. I am not sure who would text this number, as I was not aware that this could even accept text messages.

I also have a call directed to the following: 44a10108150040000019740.

Have you ever heard of either issue? 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Miad1525 - I’ve just searched our Social Media channels and can’t see a post under your name to my team. If you haven’t reached out to us yet, please contact us through Social Media. We’d like to investigate what’s happening with the numbers that aren’t showing.

Hi, 

I could not access the Social Media forum, so I went straight to Vodafone live chat. I communicated with a member of staff who provided some further detail, but she was not able to explain some of the issues that I had. 

If there is another method of me speaking with someone who can provide fuller responses, please do let me know. 

Kind regards, 

Maria.