Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Limit reached “ pay for it service “

Davebodywave
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,   I am needing some help.   Last year I was using my mobile account to purchase items on my PS4 via Psn.   (Purely because I don’t trust Sony with their history of hacks)

Randomly around September this service  suddenly stopped working and It started giving me a. error message stating that I had reached my limit.  

Fast forward a year and it’s still doing the same thing.  

So With no payments for over a year this is really strange.  Obviously I assume there is an error somewhere!! 

As it has still continued to give me this message prior to any contact with customer services.   

I recently spoke to the people on live chat who managed to fix something and it allowed me to use the service to make a £10 payment.  After all of this I was back to the  dreaded limit reached screen.  

I have spoken to various people on live chat who assured me it was a Vodaphone issue.

In the meantime I have contacted PlayStation customer services directly who are unaware of any £10 limits whilst using the pay for it service with VodAphone.  

So onto Boku who are a nightmare to deal with as they are not contactable  via telephone and they just reply with a Literal copy and paste replies.   Which by the way are identical to the responses  from last year.   

I am pulling my hair out about this as Vodaphone  have now advised me on 191 that its not their fault, so have Sony  and Boku don’t seem to even care.

i have spent over a week via Live chat trying to resolve something that still hasn’t been resolved.  

To be told it now cannot be makes me wonder what In fact was being done when I was sitting there waiting all that time in live chat.  

Can anyone please advise a solution? 

My contract is nearly up and I don’t feel I am currently receiving the service I expect and pay for.

I am fairly sure the buck stops with Vodaphone as they ultimately will decide if my account can accept the payments or not.  

Please help.  

16 REPLIES 16

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Davebodywave

The monthly spend limit with Sony is £10.00  As this is a Sony decision Vodafone or any other network won't be able to help. 

Please see this previous thread where you will be able to find a confirmation link from a member of the forum team @Alex

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Charge-to-bill-on-PlayStation/td-p/2593266

I have spoken directly with Playstation and they have no knowledge of this £10 limit. I moved from 02 to Vodafone in July and was spending £130 a month with no issue. It's maddening as hell. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Link1983 The thread @BandOfBrothers has provided confirms that Sony has set this limit when using the Charge to Bill service (via the Boku service). 

Transations over £10 for Playstation Network games and movies through a Boku partner won't be available due to this limit.

Have you spoken directly with Playstation? They told me they have no waybof setting a limit and don't know where the £10 limit thing came from. 

On a side note I can't even add the £10 anymore. I have been told there is a bug on Vodafone's end as it is the only network this affects. 

Ive tried literally everything to resolve this issue, in the end I just give up.    

The service doesn’t work and Vodaphone are unable to resolve it. They blame Sony and Sony say there is no limit inforced  by them and it’s a Boku issue.  Boku customer services are terrible.

They are that bad that a hired  chimp typing is 

the only explanation.    

The service used to allow me to add whatever funds whenever I liked.  

No one at Vodaphone can help with this as they don’t even know what the problem is.  If you feel like trying to contact them to resolve this then don’t as it’s utterly pointless.    

You’re wrong.   Sony have no idea of this restriction!  What you’re replying with is kind of like a Vodaphone Urban myth!   

There is no documented information to confirm this restriction Anywhere.   

I agree. Vodafone just want to ignore this and hope it will go away. Playstation let me top up to £140 (the maximum the Playstation Wallet will hold) with O2.

Vodafone, get your best people on it because as Dave has said Boku are useless and tbh quite offensive. They told me to try a different payment method in the last email. Not the best of looks for a company. 

Boku are horrendous!  Then to be told by Vodaphone it’s a issue which doesn’t actually exist.  Like I’ve said previously it’s a myth!  Vodaphone can not provide any proof of this change anywhere on their website or on information which is in the public domain.  Sony have not placed any restrictions.   

Its been going for abou two years now!  

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all,

I've asked the dedicated team if we can get this added to our website so that our customers will see confirmation of Sony's limit on our support page.