Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Link a new pay monthly sim contract to existing Vodafone account

heavywater
4: Newbie

Wonder if anyone can help with this.

I've had a Vodafone account for 5+ years for broadband. I've recently switched from VOXI to a Vodafone pay monthly contract. When I try to view my account online or on the MyVodafone app, it only allows me to choose between my landline and broadband accounts, I'm not able to view or manage my mobile phone contract.

The contract was purchased through mobiles.co.uk rather than directly through Vodafone.

How do I get this contract linked up to my existing Vodafone account? It seems like it's something that should be very simple to do, but I can't find any way to actually do it...

Many thanks for any help.

11 REPLIES 11

Gave up on the social team route, after waiting between 4 and 15 hours for each response and needing to repeat the security checks. I was told the 'contact cleanse' had been raised and would complete in 3 to 5 days, but nothing ever seemed to happen.

Another attempt at this today - someone new had a look at my account on Live Chat and moved all my details across to the new account, which should have let me log in. Unfortunately my security verification phone number didn't seem to get moved across, so I got a 'Sorry, you don't have a number registered to this account to send an access code to' message when trying to log in.

Phoned the customer support number provided and was told that the details hadn't been moved previously (I'm pretty sure they had as I was able to get as far as the security check which I couldn't do before, and I received notifications of details changed on the account).

They didn't seem able to add the mobile number and told me I needed to register because no account existed. On attempting to register the website told me the user already existed on the account.

It's now gone away to a back office team who will apparently contact me in the next three days with something that will let me actually log in. We shall see...

Sadly it's not resolved, it started working ok on tuesday but has slowly all been failing again this afternoon, until that's sorted I can't risk getting the accounts merged.