Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Link a new pay monthly sim contract to existing Vodafone account

heavywater
4: Newbie

Wonder if anyone can help with this.

I've had a Vodafone account for 5+ years for broadband. I've recently switched from VOXI to a Vodafone pay monthly contract. When I try to view my account online or on the MyVodafone app, it only allows me to choose between my landline and broadband accounts, I'm not able to view or manage my mobile phone contract.

The contract was purchased through mobiles.co.uk rather than directly through Vodafone.

How do I get this contract linked up to my existing Vodafone account? It seems like it's something that should be very simple to do, but I can't find any way to actually do it...

Many thanks for any help.

11 REPLIES 11

AnnS
17: Community Champion

The problem will be with purchasing the contract through a third party @heavywater but no reason why you can't manage the contract on the same online account as your broadband.

I am sure you need to wait until the first bill has been received and after that it should be simple enough for Customer Services to arrange.  I would let the Social Team do this for you, speak to them through social channels here: Contact Us 

Thanks Ann, I'll try to exercise a bit of patience until the first bill arrives then. I'll update this then to let you know it goes.

Thanks!

Actually a bit of a problem with that... I need to port my number from VOXI to Vodafone - I believe I do this with the 'Move from PAYG to Pay Monthly' form, as VOXI are owned by Vodafone?

On that form I need to enter my Vodafone Pay Monthly account number, which I don't have... It also asks me to enter my account email address, which I do have (the same email is used across VOXI, Vodafone and mobiles.co.uk) but isn't linked to the monthly contract.

Any thoughts?

AnnS

I would assume the account number would be on the first bill @heavywater and you may need to set up an online account for the mobiles contract and then combine the two accounts.

Get in touch with the Social Team and they will be able to advise the best way this can be done.

We're in the same situation, need the accounts merging somehow to get the £3 broadband discount applied. The first person we spoke to said we had to go in store to do it, which seems very backwards. We would ring again but Vodafone screwed up a number port so the phones been offline since last Thursday.

I managed to get my the account number off someone on live chat after answering some security questions, after completing the form the port has taken a few days but now seems to be completed; I haven't been told it's completed, but I have no signal on my VOXI sim and calls are now going to the new SIM...

I've just finished speaking to an advisor on live chat, who has said they've finished merging my accounts, no mention of needing to go into store for it. My pay monthly account doesn't appear on my broadband account yet, but apparently it should happen within 48 hours, so I'll wait and see!

Not sure if this is because it's not been 48 hours, but I've checked my account - I now have no services, my landline and broadband have disappeared, my pay monthly contract still does not appear and I'm completely unable to log in to the My Vodafone app. The only thing I can see is a bill refunding me one day's usage of my broadband account due to "the bundle you've cancelled".

Hmm.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@heavywater - I'm wondering if you've now got a new account number. We'll need to take some details from you so that we can look at what's happening on your account. Please contact us through Social Media

@voda89 - I'm sorry to hear you've had issues with porting your number. I hope that this is now resolved, since you've posted. If you still need help, then please reach out to us through Social Media

I did get a new account number as part of the Pay Monthly contract (I purchased from mobiles.co.uk so it didn't link up automatically as part of my account despite email addresses matching), however I requested support to move this contract onto my existing account, rather than move my broadband contract onto a new account that I have no access to.

Anyway, two and a half hours on facebook messenger and I've received 3 messages total and made it as far as entering a security code sent to my phone...