Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Noonie
2: Seeker

Hi I upgraded from PAYG to contract. I swapped my old PAYG number over to the contract sim. When I ring people it shows my old PAYG number with is great but when I text message anyone it shows up as the Initial sim contract number.  Any help much appreciated thanks

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Noonie

I Would suggest to first clear any histories in your messages app and try again. 

If it continues and then I'd suggest that you contact customer service on 191, Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they'll check your account to make sure the transfer completely completed.

When people text you do you receive those OK ?

Sometimes a factory reset of the phone as a last resort can help too.

Another known remedy is to visit a Vodafone store and they'll perform a sim swap which moves your information to a new blank sim card which hasn't had any mobile number associated with it so it's a fresh sim card.

Take some ID.

You can ask customer service for a blank sim card to be posted and then do this at home via the Vodafone Sim Swap Page found on their support website.

I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

Hi @Noonie  if this is an iPhone go to settings, phone, my number and make sure the correct number is stored there, if not then update it then exit and reboot your phone. 

You'll have to let us know you get on @Noonie 👍 If you're using an iPhone, it might also be worth checking the iMessage settings, you can do this by going to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. This will contain the numbers and addresses that you can receive messages to and reply from.

Noonie

Thank you everyone for your help 😊. I have a Samsung A12 and have solved the problem by changing the settings from chat to text and messages. 

Amazing, thanks for the update @Noonie. We're happy that everything is sorted 😁