Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Missing returns pack for trade-in deal

ginger_jansen
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently upgraded my phone and used a deal whereby I would get £15 my monthly charge provided I trade-in my old phone. I was advised to use the trade-in tool on the Vodafone app and once completed, a pack would be sent to me in which I can then return my old phone. They stated I had 2 weeks to trade-in my old phone from the day I receive my new phone, otherwise the deal would be void. I used the trade-in tool over a week ago now and received confirmation that I was eligible and a pack was on its way - it has yet to arrive. Conveniently for Vodafone, I now only have 6 days left to return my old phone and in light of the pandemic and delays to mail services, I suspect that this returns pack is not going to show up, and that I will lose out on a deal that will save me crucial pounds. 

I used their private messaging service only to be told that they cant help and I should ring a number - of course the number is busy every time I call it! 191 also hasnt been working - they keep putting the phone down on me before I manage to speak to anyone. Im furious. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Going from recent similar threads your not alone with getting this returns pack.

It should be noted on your account that you've instigated the trade in and also when speaking to Vodafone customer services they should note your still waiting for it so you shouldn't lose out especially as you can't return the phone to a Vodafone Highstreet Store as they are closed.

I'd suggest 0333 3040191 as well as 191 and Live Chat,  request a copy of the transcript and screenshot it too.

Ask for everything be put on your account notes.

Also try the Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and if needed the complaints procedure  @ginger_jansen 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

BandOfBrothers

Going from recent similar threads your not alone with getting this returns pack.

It should be noted on your account that you've instigated the trade in and also when speaking to Vodafone customer services they should note your still waiting for it so you shouldn't lose out especially as you can't return the phone to a Vodafone Highstreet Store as they are closed.

I'd suggest 0333 3040191 as well as 191 and Live Chat,  request a copy of the transcript and screenshot it too.

Ask for everything be put on your account notes.

Also try the Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and if needed the complaints procedure  @ginger_jansen 

Current Phone  >

@BandOfBrothers - thank you so much for your response and advice! The numbers have been unsuccessful but I'll keep trying (I'll also try outside of peak hours to see if I'm more successful). I'll definitely remember to ask for the transcripts and for everything to be saved to my account, as well as screen-shotting. 

Fingers crossed...thanks again!

I've had the same problem since December, been on chat, phone, twitter, made a complaint etc, nothing gets done. Absolutely useless, I'm expecting my bill do go up soon because they've not received my old phone.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @andy7owen We're aware there's recently been a delay in getting returns packs out to everyone. If you pop us another message through Twitter, we'll make sure there's a bag on it's way to you, check your bill and make sure you don't incur any additional charges.

Is there a way I contact you without going through twitter, as I don't have or want an account there, same with FB?

I have gone through the chat 3 times so far requesting a returns bag and I'm still waiting...

This is  very frustrating and time consuming.

BandOfBrothers

@CandsRH 

Unfortunately the Vodafone Social Media Team's can't access accounts from the forum hence why the need to go through Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM.

I appreciate you choose not to use those Social Media Platforms.

Setting up a Twitter Account takes minutes and then be de activated, however I appreciate your personal choices. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks for the info BandOfBrothers.

@BandOfBrothers.

I just signed up for Twitter and sent them a DM. They responded saying they were unable to track my trade in bag and should call them or use their chat feature...

Of course calling requires an hours wait and there's nobody available on chat.

i wonder if its just another way to get and keep more money for a while,

lets say 1000 new contracts vodafone sold with the trade in deal...1000 x£10 month min saving that they aint paid out yet?? that come to some serious money a month.

then lets say 50% of ppl waiting for there return pkg give up on waiting...MORE MONEY TO VODAFONE..

THINK ABOUT IT..lot of money .

next time i ring vodafone, im going to ask for trade in deal with out sending in my phone, just to compensate all the HOURS ive been ringing them and not getting anywhere apart from it will be posted...C