Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No New OneNumber subscriptions for Smartwatches

Xtattsbox
2: Seeker

I had an Apple watch 4 with an eSim and to be honest it took a ridiculous amount of time to get OneNumber set up on that.  I managed it, eventually and to be honest it was great.  I decided I didn't need mobile connectivity on my watch, so I purchased an Apple watch 7, which has been great, but then they released the Ultra.

I purchased one on the 27th February and, thinking that Vodafone will have solved their OneNumber issues, excitedly went through the set up process to subscribe to Onenumber, waited 24 hours... and nothing happened.

Numerous calls, Online Chats followed.  "There is unfortunately an issue setting up Onenumber on Smartwatches."  It is being worked on.

Bascially, right now, Vodafone cannot add Onenumber Subscriptions to accounts.  I assume that this is for Business accounts as ours is a business account.  There is no real explanation, there is no timescale for resolution, it just can't happen.  The irony is at the end of January we signed up for another 24 month contract.   I would have signed up with EE.  It seems those guys just flip a switch.

Anyway.  You may find if you are trying to get an eSIM working on your smart watch, you cannot.  (Quite what the difference is of one device wrapped around an eSIM over another is quite beyond me)

10 REPLIES 10

Whatapalaver

I find my self in an almost identical situation. Renewed (business) contract, new AW Ultra, HOURS on phone to get OneNumber sorted, before being told there is a system issue (no idea how long it will take to resolve). Also, I got charged for a cancelled contract (though that seems now to have been resolved). Thankfully, my contract renewal is still within 14 days, so after many, many years with Vodafone, I decided this morning to move to EE. It just feels easier. I’m done with this.