Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Ahasjiminas

You would have seen this error because we had not sent you a PM. 

I have done this now and if you contact us here, we'll be in touch.

Hi Pug77

I have checked and can see we've not received an email from the address you signed up with on the eForum.

So we can take a look at this for you, please contact the team here, or supply a reference from your email responses [5xxxxxx] and we'll chase this up.

DaveCD

Hi Dave,

Same issue here. Would appreciate the help to get this sorted ASAP if possible.

Thanks a lot!

Hi rrdavies,

We can certainly look into this for you.

See how to get in touch here.

Thanks,

Andy

Hi, I've ported my number from a Vodafone PAYG to a Vodafone PAYM SIM.

I am also getting partial service, not able to send/receive text and not able to receive calls.

The issue has been going on for 6 days now, been twice onto tech team asking for an update, yet still have issues. I am using this phone for business as well, so is affecting ability to receive business calls on my mobile.

Could Vodafone on this forum please help me here by sending me a PM. I'd like to have one person I know whom is able to look into the issue without passing me around the Customer Service departments.

dav_303
Hi

This has also happened to me as well. it appears to have half ported. I can call but can not recieve. When i click on the link to send my details to Tech it says access denied....

Can you help? Thanks

banatyne
I spoke with the porting team and they re set everything at their end and sent me a new sim card, which did the job. If you want to contact the Tech Team, they should see your message on here and send you a link. I actually sent "Mike" a personal message which prompted him to send me the link I needed.

Pug77
8 days since the split port. No resolution after several phone calls to customer services, the porting team and the technical team. I've been passed to at least three people per call, explain the story each time, spent way too much time for no result. The problem has now been escalated apparently. I asked how long the issue would take to resolve, hours, days, weeks, months, I got a laugh and response 'it won't take months'.

Very reassuring!

I asked if someone will contact me to update, response' yes of course sir, when the problem is resolved'.

Again reassuring! Can I expect a call in a few weeks on a number that can't receive calls?

Anthonyman9

Ive recently had my number ported from o2 pay monthly to vodafone pay monthly.

I'm able to send calls/texts but i cant recieve either, everytime i click on your link it says access denied.

Any help please! I really need my phone to be working ASAP!

Thanks

Hi Anthonyman9, 

The porting issues we experienced should be resolved now. 

If you're still unable to receive calls pop an email across and we'll look into it for you. 

Take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi, I'm now on my 6th day with the same problem here - split port, outgoing calls and data working. Incoming calls and send / receive sms not working.

My issue has been escalated so many times it must have hit the ceiling but no-one has confirmed if there has been any manual intervention.

Please help - I've already lost a days work because my customers cannot contact me due to this issue. I'd appreciate a private message with instructions on how to get in touch with the team who can really help.

The top 3 excuses I've been given are:

1) My previous network's server crashed when sending the files to Vodafone.

2) There is a 3rd party between my previous network and Vodafone, they have received the files from my previous network but not sent them to Vodafone as they are upgrading their servers.

3 - my personal favourite) It's my fault because I left my phone switched on with my previous networks sim still in it!!!