Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

Crisz
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all - i have a similar issue  :(. I have ported a PAYG Vodafone number to Pay Monthly and the porting never happened. It's been almost a week now and I have spent endless hours with vodafone on the line - i called them daily starting Monday, had to wait for 25mins on the line each time (by now i've learned by heart the jingle vodafone plays while keeping you on hold), been passed around from one person to another and each time they have reassured me they've fixed it and that the number will be ported in 24h. If anybody from the tech support team is reading this - can you please help solve this? I can't stand the idea that tomorrow I have to start calling vodafone all over again.

thank you,

Crisz

Pete006
Me too, please help me tech team. They're now saying they tried to port the number twice which is why it's not working but can't contact the tech team to sort it?! Why not?!

horrible service :Sad_face: very disappointed

Anniewinnie
Hi, I had a nightmare porting my number , mine is sorted out yesterday , on Wednesday i went on chat , and threatened Vodafone with my solicitor, I was transferred to the escalating team , who again assured me my phone would be ok in 24 hours , to my amazement yesterday it works , they can do it , but you need to be hard with them

so you can actually talk to the escalation team? through which department was it?

Anniewinnie
Yes tel then your gonna talk to your solicitor if this is not sorted out by end of today , ask to talk to manager that's when they forward my account to the escalating team , and that worked !! Good luck

Sharples-l

Re no incoming calls or texts since porting.

Able to receive text and calls for 2days after porting then unable to receive any calls or text, been into store also contacted by phone to no avail,feeling totally frustrated and anxious as I have an elderly parent who has poor health so need to be able to be contacted at all times. Any help to get the problem sorted ASAP would be appreciated.

Still got the same problem been into store and Carphone Warehouse, but give credit to Anant from the live chat team tonight did his best to sort it then phoned me to transfer to technical team only to be left waiting on hold then cut off by them!!! 

Well now 9 days in and still no further ahead cannot believe the customer service I know now what they are going to say in the next 24/48 hours even 9 days later. If anyone is thinking of going with vodefone take my advice and keep well away, even the e-mail never came which they respond within 48 hours!!! Totally disgusted and wish I had never changed to vodefone. Why such a big company cannot do what the smaller companies achieve is beyond me!!!

OMG and i was thinking that I am unlucky one I can see that the vodaprone have serious issues when porting people over I am in same position I ported a business number over and I am unable to receive calls or text since 12 days now. I tried calling to CS and been asked 3 times to wait 72hr and than another guy said it gets resolved within 24hr apparently it did not When I try calling cancelation department they hang up on me just yesterday four reps also hang-up this is so pathetic service I wish I would never go to vodafone  I am going to demand proper compensation with Citizen Advice Biuro in few days from now