Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

I fell it is my duty to tell all who waiting that my issue was sorted after 33 days use a forum to write email and try to reach Dave he was the one who helped me over the dudes from 191 number are usless

What are dave's contact details?

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Good to hear you have finally got it sorted out, but dissapointing to hear that it took so long to resolve.

72 Hours later still no joy, absolute nightmare.

Nick01254

I'm having the same problem.  My number was due to port over on Monday (9th), I then contacted the porting team who said it would a furhter 72 hours.  It still hasn't transferred across.  I spoke to the porting team this morning who advised that the port had completed correctly and suggested I speak to the Iphone technical team, I spoke to them and they suggested turning off icloud on my old phone and resetting the network settings on my new phone.  That still hasn't worked and I am still receiving incoming calls and text messages to my old phone.

Help!

Thanks

Nick

Which network did you move from? Also i've heard that it is not good that both the old and new simcard to be used at the same time.

Nick01254
From Utility Warehouse (which I think is really EE). The porting team said "you're fine to carry on using both until the switch completes, your old sim will just stop working", doesn't necessarily mean that's correct I suppose!

Rikks
3: Seeker
Fix my porting issue too, it's been 3weeks

grigoris
I did the best thing and cancelled my contract. The attitude of their customer services is awefull. You get people
On the street speaking to you more politely than Vodafone customer care.

Devbias
I'm having the exact same problem as many others have posted on this thread.
I'm beginning to regret my decision to move to vodafone already never had a problem like this in the past when changing providers and porting my number.
A quick google search shows the extent of vodafone porting glitches and for how long new customers had been complaint about this.
I have called 191 but have no confidence in getting the problem resolved.

Looks like the only certain resolution to this is cancel the contract whilst window is still open to me, unless any readers can advised a way to resolve without being passed around international call centres.