Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not receiced a text message for 8 days

Jamemarr38
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello. I'm 86 and need some advice please. I was on payg but then got a call telling me for £7.99 a month I could have a contract. This was on the 26th march. Since then I haven't been able to receive a text message. I have spent 6 days being fobbed off by the online chat. They tell me to do things and they don't work they sent me a other sim  and guess what that doesn't work. This problem is still going on and I don't know what to do. 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Do you have the Vodafone Myvodafone app on your phone to check your account or log into your account via your myvodafone online.

Can you send text messages ?

If not them check the messaging centre number in your phone.

The number is +447785016005

When you received this text did you do anything or ignore it or did you take up the offer of a contract ?

Vodafone should be sending you a new sim card for you to activate if so.

How-do-I-activate-my-SIM. 

How-do-I-switch-between-Pay-monthly-and-Pay-as-you-go. 

Is-it-Vodafone-calling let's you check if it was Vodafone Calling.

Customer services on 191 or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can check your account. 

Sometimes turning the phone Off and On can help refresh network connection @Jamemarr38 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

@Jamemarr38 wrote:

Hello. I'm 86 and need some advice please. I was on payg but then got a call telling me for £7.99 a month I could have a contract. This was on the 26th march. Since then I haven't been able to receive a text message. I have spent 6 days being fobbed off by the online chat. They tell me to do things and they don't work they sent me a other sim  and guess what that doesn't work. This problem is still going on and I don't know what to do. 

When you took the Pay Monthly offer you would have had a new sim with a new phone number. You would have had to "port" your Pay Go number onto the Pay Monthly sim in order to keep your existing Pay Go number. Did you do this?

Maybe try putting the old Pay Go sim card back into the phone and see if any texts come through?

AnnS

Hi @Jamemarr38 

When you change tariff from PAYG to contract, you continue to use the same SIM card. If you are using the same phone, there would be no change to the text message centre number in this case.  

When the change had been made from PAYG to contract you would have received the first bill within the first week of change, you would also have received an email confirmation of everything agreed.

This is going to need account access for clarification, if you are unable to use the Social Media channels, live chat will be a good option to get this solved, this will also give the opportunity to download a transcript of the conversation for your records.

WelshPaul

Since when did Vodafone allow a Pay Go user to move over to a Pay Monthly plan without the need to sim the swap and submit a port in request? 😲

Edit: Oh indeed they do...

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Mobile-plans-Pay-as-you-go-SIM/Pay-monthly/1464003822/How-do-I-switch...

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/migration/Phase5/