Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieve old number

Mlcx_98
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I ported my number across from giffgaff to take over my  pay monthly number. I am now in need of my old number as it is still connected to my bank & iCloud and everything else. Is there anyway I am able to do this. I have spoke on live chat and didn’t get much help & ive rung up and wasn’t much help either. Please can someone help 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Just for clarification @Mlcx_98 and that I'm understanding your post.   :Smiling:

Your number was originally on Giffgaff.

Then moved the number from Giffgaff to Vodafone Pay Monthly using a Pac ?

Portimg does not happen over a weekend.

What have Live Chat advised in regards to this for you ? 

What-happens-on-the-day-my-number-moves-to-Vodafone. 

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter or Facebook can help Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries or call 191 if Live Chat seem not to be able to assist. 

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

So I had a number on Vodafone pay monthly 

I then had a number on giffgaff. I ported the number across from giffgaff and replaced my Vodafone number with that. 
This was done in feb, so still within the 90 days. However I’ve spoken to the social media team and they’ve advised it’s not possible to do. But I’m needing the number and don’t understand why it’s not possible. As the number hasn’t been assigned to anybody as of yet 

BandOfBrothers

If all avenues of customer services have advised there not able to give you the number including the Social Media Team's then it's possible it's been quarantined and in the process of being redistributed or passed to another network @Mlcx_98 

The 90 days timeframe is an approximation and not a set number of days.

You could raise a complaint to escalate this but you may find the number lost to you.

That said this is the link Here. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Mlcx_98 

You mean you would like the  number you were  using before porting your GiffGaff number.  You have 90 days to get the number back online, the problem will be needing a SIM for the number. 

Speak to the Social Team on the link below and they will help and advice the best way this can be done Contact the Social Team  

Yes that is correct I am needing access to that number. However I have spoke to the social media team now & they have advised this isn’t possible. But I’m still not understanding why.. as it has not been 90 days