Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number switch

spartacus_72
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a pay monthly account.  Unlimited Max 24 month. there is 18 months left on the contract.

I am going to be spending time in europe and need eu roaming, something which vodafone do not readily do.  I have just signed a contract with virgin media which gives me O2 with EU roaming.

SO...I need to port my vodafone number to o2.

But that will cancel my contract with vodafone, and i have 18 months left.  I would like to get a new sim applied to my contract which i can then give to a family member to use in the uk (and probably port a number into it)

Virgin have done this for me in the past.  Vodafone say they cant do it.  I cant be the only one wanting this?

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @spartacus_72 

If you mean you want to port out the number and have a different number on the contract, that won't be possible, the number is committed to the contract, as soon as you port out the number, this will cancel the contract leaving you liable for all the early termination charges.

You can find how much the charges will be by text message here: Cancellation 

Virgin media could do it.  

They just sent me out a new sim with a temporary number, and issued a pac code on the old sim.  worked like a charm.  This is the problem when you find out that a contract isnt fit for purpose...it should be a simple request.

AnnS

I understand exactly the reason you need to have inclusive roaming @spartacus_72 , and consider Vodafone should offer roaming the same way as O2.  Now we have left the EU roaming is no longer regulated and the networks have to pay the charge to the roaming network.

To get around this and have inclusive roaming you could always change your plan to one with 4 Xtra benefits but appreciate this will cost more each month.

You can send the Social Team a message here: Contact Us at least this will be something the Team can feed back for the customer journey.