Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OLD DEBT I NEED TO RESOLVE

jxcobw98
2: Seeker

Hello,

I am trying to go for a mortgage and they advised that I had a debt outstanding with Vodafone from 2017, I wasn’t aware of. Turns out it was for a phone that I completely forgot about. i am looking to get it resolved. 

I managed to find my old account number, phone number ect.. so spoke to someone on the social media team who asked me to call collections, i went though to billing and asked to be transferred to collections. collections refused to take the call. the person from billing said there was no way i could set up a payment plan or pay this off and the best they could do was raise a complaint for me.

Obviously this isn’t helpful as I would like to just get the debt resolved. Is there anyone on here that can help? I cannot leave this. 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @jxcobw98 

There isn't account access on this forum. 

We usually ask people with this type of issue to contact Vodafone Social Media via Facebook or X and they support you, but I see you already have. 

If a default has been placed on your Credit File due to this and is warranted, then unfortunately in most cases these won't be removed.

The best scenario is to get the bill paid so the default then is shown with a note saying the default has been paid.

You may need to let the complaint take it's course. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

The best scenario is to get the bill paid so the default then is shown with a note saying the default has been paid.

On this specific point, the OP needs to be very clear what they are seeking by "get this resolved".

A default is a record of an unpaid outstanding debt, which could suggest to a prospective lender that you are unreliable at repaying.

Paying the defaulted amount will mark it as settled on your credit file, and confirm that you're a late payer.

I meant getting it paid off. I am fully aware of how it will affect my credit file now and in the future. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry you've encountered problems making your payment @jxcobw98, this isn't something we can do through our social channels, and sounds like we would've directed you to our Collections team, I'm sorry if this wasn't explained to you before. I'm not sure why our collections team were unable to take the call, if you pop us another message via the social channel you used previously, I'm sure we'll be able to shed some light on the reason for this.

jxcobw98

Thanks for the responses guys.

I will let the complaint take its course and hopefully can get this paid.