Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OneNumber 5G cibbectuib

sirgader
4: Newbie

Hi! I got a tablet OneNumber added to my account, but the eSIM only connects to the 4G network. Despite trying to get it provisioned to access 5G, I was getting "computer says no" responses (though it was confirmed, that given ICCID is not provisioned to access 5G at the moment).

In another thread I found, that @phionex99 got it sorted somehow, but I wasn't able to get the same resolution so far.

I have checked OneNumber T&C's and there is no mention, that the services will be limited to 4G (only that I will be able to use allowances from my main contract - so if my main contract offers 5G it is rather obvious it should extend onto OneNumber). Also, I am not aware of any technical limitations that would prohibit provisioning OneNumber eSIM for 5G.

Any suggestions and advice greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Ami

Hi there @sirgader. The social media team would be more than happy to take a closer look into this for you. You can contact them here.

mtan93
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

@sirgader did you get this sorted?

We have noticed the same thing.

Eventually yes. But this required speaking with 2 people on the phone before requesting a formal complaint to be lodged. Once the complaint was raised I was called promptly and they needed around 24h before they were able to get the eSIM provisioned for 5G. So technically clearly possible despite front line "computer says no" response. It's a shame that it had to be escalated as it could have been fixed in 5 minutes.

Thanks, I will give them a call. This has always been a annoyance with the OneNumber ESIM that I’ve just lived with for what seems like eternity.