Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAC code charge

bassl1ne2
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Just moved away from Vodafone and noticed a £54.98 purchase fee was added to my account. On querying this I've been advised this is the administration charge for porting away my number. Can someone confirm this is correct as I can't find any reference or was never advised of any charges regarding requesting a PAC code.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Vodafone don't charge for issuing a Pac @bassl1ne2 

This charge could be any monies owed regarding the end of your contact and final billing.

Customer service need to better clarify for you.

Ring them or use Live Chat or ask the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries for a clearer explanation.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It's very frustration speaking to customer services, it took 30 mins of insisting that charge was on my bill because they couldn't find it, and the lady started to get very aggressive because I was persisting to find out what this charge was.  It's not my end of contract charges because that it already on the bill, this is in addition.

Another strange thing is they just set up a direct-debit without my authorisation (again which they couldn't find any record of for 30 mins). 

BandOfBrothers

I do appreciate your frustrated and unimpressed with the current situation and it's very reasonable to need to know what any charges are for @bassl1ne2 

It's best to pay the bill and then if required seek a refund after.

This will stop any automated recovery process from non payment from Vodafone.

Once your bill has been settled then Vodafone will automatically cancel the Direct Debit.

Please don't cancel the direct debit manually at this stage.

As I mentioned the Vodafone Social Media Teams do have account access but not via your post here.

Only via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM.

That or Vodafone Customer service via telephone or Live Chat should be helping you.

Vodafone should also send you a final bill and then a Sorry your leaving letter which indicates that the account is settled.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

When the account closes, it normally won't be visible either to you online or to frontline customer service people.   I'm sure @BandOfBrothers is right about the charge simply being what was due up to transfer.   I'd also assume you had a direct debit in place and that the amount was collected via this.   I'll repeat the advice not to cancel the DD with your bank until you've received a hard copy Final Bill showing a zero balance.   Many people have been caught out by this and landed up being pursued by debt collectors.

If you want further information, drop the Social Media team a note on Facebook or Twitter.   They can take your details, investigate offline and then get back to you.   Closed accounts can, of course, be accessed, but it takes a little more digging.