Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone Number

NotMyRealName
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I ordered a phone today but was never given the option to use a PAC code. Does Vodafone give a temporary number which I can then change using my PAC code or will I be given a new phone number that I can't change?

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Yes @NotMyRealName   If this is a new contract where you were not given the option of using a PAC you will be given a temporary number.

See here: How do I join Vodafone with a PAC or STAC? 

Thanks so does this mean that I can then use my PAC once I've gotten it to keep my current number?

AnnS

Yes @NotMyRealName 

When you have the PAC from your other provider complete this form: Keep My Number 

Hi so I tried to use the form you linked but when I type in my phone number and PAC code I get an error screen?

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @NotMyRealName - what kind of error do you get? Does it say anything in particular to indicate what the issue might be? 

It just says

Something went wrong

Sorry, something's gone wrong. Please try again later. If you keep seeing this error, please contact us.

Last time I tried to contact them I got jumped around by automated messages so I don't want to do that again. I think I may have to just go to a shop at the weekend and get them to do it for me in person 

I think the issue is that I'm trying to move from a monthly contract to a new monthly contract but both are with vodafone. I had to make a new account as I'd managed to forget all of my details. And there is no option for that on the Vodafone website. The closest I can get is moving to Vodafone from another network.

AnnS

Yes @NotMyRealName you can't port Vodafone to Vodafone. 

The quickest way to get the number you want to keep transferred to the new contract is to port out the number to any other network on PAYG and port back in on the new contract, you continue to use the same online account and the number will be on the new contract within 48 hours at the most. This is quick and simple to do and you can get a PAC by text here: Cancel Account .The other way is to ask Vodafone to transfer the number to PAYG when the number moves in 30 days complete the form on the link to move the number to the contract.

If you use the forum search facility this has been raised as a question previously and there are some examples of transferring an in contract number to a new Vodafone contract taken out through a third party.

So get a pay as you go sim card with anyone other than Vodafone then immediately get a code to move the number to my new vodafone phone?