Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ported but cant receive calls from non Vodafone lines

patelmas01
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I'm in a ridiculous situation where I ported a Virgin number to replace one of my three Vodafone lines. This completed on 3 July.  It's now 6 July and only Vodafone lines can get through to me.  Spoke to tech support, told me to call Virgin, who say it's all complete from their side.

So I called Voda tech support again, and I'm  now told will be escalated, but WON'T be investigated until Monday 9 July!!!!

Is this for real? I've had untold amounts of grief from Vodafone with my other lines over past two weeks and they have now messed up my porting as well.

I've simply had enough of Vodafone and their abysmal customer support. Yes it's a great network signal wise but they can't get simple things done quickly and efficiently.  Do their Directors and shareholders know what we as customers are having to endure??.

I'm completely fed up!!!!

13 REPLIES 13

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @patelmas01

Completely understand your frustration especially where there is a weekend coming and you want to be able to receive calls from all networks.

Vodafone are going to need to raise a split port request with Virgin and make sure all the porting files were correct and with numbers not porting over a weekend on any network means this cannot be done until the next working day, Monday.

The forum Team will pick up this thread and make sure the Porting Team get this raised beginning of next week.

My frustration is why can't you guys get it right first time. You've had the days to check all the right files were received prior to the port and then a further three days before I noticed the issue. 

How is this acceptable? Dont you have SLA's that say you check a port was done properly say a day after?

UNACCEPTABLE!

63johnw

Hi @patelmas01 for your information @AnnS is a customer like you, representatives of Vodafone have the logo next to their name. 

Oops.... apologies Ann...

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@patelmas01 I can completely understand your frustration and I do apologise that your port hasn't completed successfully. 

If you're using an iPhone, please try the below: 

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Scroll down to Phone.
  3. At the top where it says My Number, check this is correct and if not, enter the correct number and test again.

If this isn't applicable to yourself or hasn't worked, please contact us directly using the link in my private message.

A member of the team will then be in touch to assist further. 

I'm not using an iPhone.

I have a Samsung.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@patelmas01 That's fine, if you're able to message us as requested by @Alex we can look into this further. 

Its now 12 days since I reported the problem to Vodafone.  Yet I am still not able to recieve calls from non-Vodafone networks.  I've Pm'd a number of people and gt emails back but I asked for an update 2 days ago and still have received no reply.

How is this acceptable?  Why is this problem still not sorted??

What a disgrace of a company, they are leaving me with no option but to complain to the Ombudsman.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you've emailed us using the link @Alex provided @patelmas01, please let us know the case ref (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received and we'll chase this for you.