cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ProtectMe. Mobile Account restricted since 1st March 2022 @ 07:45am.

BigfellA
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I purchased an iPhone 11 64gb in red from the Carphone Warehouse on 23/02/2022. 

This was a pay monthly contract with Vodafone.  I then on the 28th February 2022 decided to order an Apple Watch series 7 (45mm) from the Vodafone website to go with my iPhone. This is when my problems started.

message from Vodafone Fraud Team on 1st March 2022 telling myself that my new mobile number taking out on the 23/02/2022 was being temporarily barred from service until I provided evidence to who I was & explain my account more or less.

Drivers liecense sent via ProtectMe form yesterday morning Tuesday 1st March 2022 as evidence to support who I am & an explanation of my account. Unfortunately now the following day time is 13:50 hrs & still no reply from Fraud Team & still without services to my new iPhone 11.

I have never committed any crime in my life & I’m mid fifties now, but I am getting to the stage of being messed about. Yes I understand the ProtectMe side of things. No I don’t get it when evidence is supported & received by the department & the length of time left hanging on without services to your mobile phone.

I applied for the contract for an iPhone 11 Yes I get that & signed my new contract etc which is up & running or was last time checked. Yes indeed I applied for an Apple Watch series 7 in red also to use with my iPhone & now I am under the flack from the Vodafone Fraud Team for purchasing a Watch. I was told people do this sort of thing & move on to other networks & my account flagged up because of the days in between time of ordering these items apart.

How was I meant to know issues like this. I am sick of waiting on progress. I am sick of being without services. I want the flag taken off my credit file. I’ve done NOTHING WRONG HERE.

I feel like I am being branded a criminal by Vodafone. Is this the way all new customers are treated. I wonder!!

if there is no progress today, then I will end my contract with Vodafone. This is getting a complete JOKE!!!

17 REPLIES 17

MarkD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BigfellA, thanks for your post and we're sorry to hear about your experience as a new customer to Vodafone. If you send us over a message on Twitter or Facebook, the team can check where we're up to and advise of the next steps. You can find all the contact details here

Hello Mark D.

Firstly thanks for the reply to my message on here.

I had an email from the Fraud team last night regarding my new account. They the fraud team had only received the back part of photo from my driving license.

I have replied by email back to the department after calling them to finalise & confirm the email & repost the relevant & correct information back to them a second time.

However I was a bit concerned about the length of time it would retake to gather this evidence once again, thankfully I was told just (24hrs) if not bad enough…lol.

My account remains restricted 3rd day running until this issue is cleared up by the fraud team. I have resent both my front photo & again back photo of my driving license by return email they sent myself at 1742hrs last night,. I was advised to send the documents again by email. 

For now I await on their decision & what lies ahead. That’s the latest update on my side. 

I would be grateful if you had anything further to add on this issue.

Many Thanks.

BigfellA.

MarkD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to us @BigfellA. It sounds like the Fraud team have everything in hand with the documents that you've re-sent over. We don't have anything additional to add from the Community side. You'll have to let us know how you get on when you hear back from the team 🙂

Thanks again for the reply regards my situation. I will update the forum when I next hear from the Fraud Team, hopefully today as was advised yesterday by phone at 1745 that it would be just 24hrs.

Be in touch soon.

Thank you 

Another update from myself bigfellA regarding my returned email to the Fraud Department.

No more news today. Shambolic service to a new customer. I was told yesterday evening whilst calling the fraud department number I quote “ We should get back to yourself with a reply within 24hrs as our waiting time logs we have caught up on” 

Well it’s now 19:38 hrs & I’m pretty sure the fraud department will have taken their slippers off & are ready to head off home. Another day without services (Day 3) oh!! And they will still be expecting myself to pay my full bill when due on the 6th March.

Day 4 tomorrow without services & the useless phrase they often say to you. “ I know it must be terrible not having services, but there are others in the queue”

if no reply by tomorrow then my iPhone & contract I will definitely terminate. I feel as if I have been made out to be a criminal where in fact I’m just your average family man who has never been in trouble…lol.

Not a great start to our relationship VODAFONE. Lessons will be learned from this day on & passed to others whom may think to join the network.

Regards.

bigfellA.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @BigfellA 

I don't know if you have made an complaint, if you follow this link you will be given a case handler.  The one thing I will say about Vodafone is they will go the extra mile for the customer when there is a genuine complaint as you have.  Vodafone Complaints 

Thank you very much AnnS for that form. I will indeed deal with that right away.

Appreciated.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for keeping the thread updated @BigfellA - you can also call the Fraud team directly on 0333 304 1665 to discuss your existing case with them. 

Hi Thank you Amanda for your post.

I am aware that number is not in use & has changed. I am about to call them this morning as this is now my 4th consecutive day without services.

I will update forum throughout the day. 

I have also raised a complaint to Vodafone too.

thank you.