cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ProtectMe. Mobile Account restricted since 1st March 2022 @ 07:45am.

BigfellA
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I purchased an iPhone 11 64gb in red from the Carphone Warehouse on 23/02/2022. 

This was a pay monthly contract with Vodafone.  I then on the 28th February 2022 decided to order an Apple Watch series 7 (45mm) from the Vodafone website to go with my iPhone. This is when my problems started.

message from Vodafone Fraud Team on 1st March 2022 telling myself that my new mobile number taking out on the 23/02/2022 was being temporarily barred from service until I provided evidence to who I was & explain my account more or less.

Drivers liecense sent via ProtectMe form yesterday morning Tuesday 1st March 2022 as evidence to support who I am & an explanation of my account. Unfortunately now the following day time is 13:50 hrs & still no reply from Fraud Team & still without services to my new iPhone 11.

I have never committed any crime in my life & I’m mid fifties now, but I am getting to the stage of being messed about. Yes I understand the ProtectMe side of things. No I don’t get it when evidence is supported & received by the department & the length of time left hanging on without services to your mobile phone.

I applied for the contract for an iPhone 11 Yes I get that & signed my new contract etc which is up & running or was last time checked. Yes indeed I applied for an Apple Watch series 7 in red also to use with my iPhone & now I am under the flack from the Vodafone Fraud Team for purchasing a Watch. I was told people do this sort of thing & move on to other networks & my account flagged up because of the days in between time of ordering these items apart.

How was I meant to know issues like this. I am sick of waiting on progress. I am sick of being without services. I want the flag taken off my credit file. I’ve done NOTHING WRONG HERE.

I feel like I am being branded a criminal by Vodafone. Is this the way all new customers are treated. I wonder!!

if there is no progress today, then I will end my contract with Vodafone. This is getting a complete JOKE!!!

17 REPLIES 17

Hi Forum.

Just a quick update her with my situation & now in day 4 of no services due to restrictions on my account.

I spoke to the fraud team this morning around an hour ago & spoke with someone called Scott.

I explained my issue & was told more or less my account hasn’t been processed yet with the new evidence sent to them at 18:28 hrs on Wednesday 2/3/22.

I am told it could be later today before I hear anything or tomorrow at the latest.

I mentioned I had been told 24! Hour window from 2nd attempt at getting information to them. My reply bring it could be 48 -72 hours before my issue is looked at & dealt with:

I have forwarded a complaint to Vodafone themselves & I am raging now it has taken this long for something that hasn’t been my fault.

I will give the chap Scott his due though as he was very helpful this morning going through everything with me & explaining why a flag was raised for fraudulent activity.

This I had no idea of how people target people in extremely terrible ways. I’m grateful for the explanation. I just thought I was ordering an Apple Watch through Vodafone & there would be no problems.

So here’s hoping today I hear something from the fraud department & I get my services back up & running again. I mentioned I still have to pay my bill which is due on Monday 6th March even though my services have been restricted these last few days.

The reply was to speak to customer service at Vodafone after this has all been sorted out &!see what they say.

Very appropriate (NOT).

I will update forum again when I know when my account has been sorted n& take things from there.

Thank you everyone for the support these last few days & the advice too.

As a new customer to Vodafone this is very much appreciated.

Thanks. 

bigfellA.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know about that number @BigfellA - I've flagged this up so we can make sure we have the most accurate and up-to-date information here. 

As you've raised a complaint, it will now be assigned to a case handler in our Customer Relations team who'll be your point of contact - they'll complete a full investigation and usually be in touch within 24 to 48 hours.

Our Fraud team will continue working on things from their side in the meantime too.  

Hi Amanda. 

My pleasure updating the forum. Great to talk to people & get the support & advice.

The number for the Fraud team is as follows. (08080-044-647).

Thank you.

BigfellA.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @BigfellA 🙂 👍

Final update from the BigfellA regarding my account at Vodafone.

Fraud Department have finally given myself the all clear tonight @ 1751!hrs informing myself that my account is legitimate as I already knew & I was free to carry on with my contract  & my order of my Apple Watch would be reinstated with in 48 hrs.

So wonderful to hear this but nothing about the hassles caused with not having any services for 4 & half days…

shocking…

But glad all is resolved.

Thanks to all for  the support recently & for the the advice shown too.

Fantastic response from all you people out there 

we will see what the complaint procedure has in store from Vodafone when I am contacted.

Too Class folks & thank you.

BigfellA.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for letting us know! I'm glad to hear that's resolved now @BigfellA - I'm sorry for the hassle you have had with this. If we can help with anything else please don't hesitate to drop us a DM on social media. Make sure to include a link back to this forum thread and your forum username to save you repeating yourself.

Hi Evie.

Ive not been on the forum since getting my services back up & running.

The messages of support from the community have been outstanding & I am overwhelmed at the support & advice everyone has given.

just a quick update then: All if my services are back up & running again since 4th March 2022.

My Smart Watch order which caused all of these problems finally arrived on the 8th March 2022. Although I had to go through a second credit check with Vodafone as the first order was completely cancelled by the fraud department. Bit of a bummer, but hey it is what it is in the day.

My complaint sent to Vodafone was answered too, They have given me £50 credit to my account for all the hassles caused & repeatedly apologised to myself too.

Its not about the money side of things, it’s just the general practice of the issue I went through, however I’m thankful the issue has been resolved once & for all & I can get on with being a new Vodafone customer.

I’m not always on the forum & therefore today  I have decided to check & saw your message so thought I’d better update you good people.

As I have mentioned all is good now & I am feeling more at ease with my new purchases.

Thank you all do much once again for the terrific support through my ordeal.

Take Care folks…

BigfellA.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you for taking the time to update the thread @BigfellA and I've glad to hear it's all sorted. We're so happy to have you onboard. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to get in touch!