Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Question re transfer of ownership

wendymatilda
2: Seeker

Getting really frustrated with Vodafone as it seems I am getting different answers and my issue still is not solved.

So I have one account with two mobile numbers that my daughters use - which for the sake one ease I with refer to as mobile 1 and mobile 2.

Mobile 1 I renewed the SIM only contract in August 2024 for 24 months so no problem but I do want to transfer this into my daughters name can I still do this when it is in contract?  I know it is a transfer of ownership that needs to be done, but want to check that as it is SIM only that I can do this? I was told by the retentions department that I could but then by another advisor that I could not - any advice would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

wendymatilda

Getting really frustrated with Vodafone as it seems I am getting different answers and my issue still is not solved.

So I have one account with two mobile numbers that my daughters use - which for the sake one ease I with refer to as mobile 1 and mobile 2.

Mobile 1 I renewed the SIM only contract in August 2024 for 24 months so no problem but I do want to transfer this into my daughters name can I still do this when it is in contract?  I know it is a transfer of ownership that needs to be done, but want to check that as it is SIM only that I can do this? I was told by the retentions department that I could but then by another advisor that I could not - any advice would be appreciated.

Mobile 2 was on pay monthly and as the contract ended I transferred it to pay as you go. I was advised by Vodafone to do this so that my daughter could then complete a 'keep my number' form as she had set up a new vodafone contract herself but wanted to keep her number. She completed the form and we waited but nothing happened. So we called Vodafone together and the adviser checked and said it was ok that even thought the PAYG was in my name and the new contract in hers it could still be done and they have now assured it has been given to the highest level tech team to do and it will be done within 24 hours! Has anyone else had experience of anything like this? Has anyone had experience of the 'keep my number' process taking forever? We feel like we have spent hours on the phone and been passed from pillar to post with no conclusive answers or any progress with our request>

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

To answer your questions, as far as is known @wendymatilda 

Mobile 1 Yes, even if the SIM only is in contract you can still complete the Change of Ownership form here Transfer of Ownership , when completed your Daughter will be responsible for the remaining contract time left and be liable for the monthly payments.  You will receive a letter or email from Vodafone to confirm you have no further responsibility towards the contract.

Mobile 2.  You were correctly advised to move the number to PAYG, when your Daughter has the new contract, she will be in a position to complete the information to keep here number here Keep My Number 

I am sure the information I have provided is correct.  As you are having some problems with the number transfers for account access, drop the Social Team a message by following this link Contact Us 

Thank you:)