Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Red Entertainment - free subscription not working

martyboy
4: Newbie

Morning.  I can see that various other people have posted about this issue in the past.  Please can a mod / Vodafone bod get in touch with me privately to sort it out?  Issue as follows:

Signed up to a red entertainment contract last year but never opted to use one of the free subscriptions. I would now like to sign up to the free Spotify but all attempts (including turning off my wifi) lead me back to an offer page that says I need to pay £9.99.  I did a live chat yesterday with Vodafone (see transcipt below) and the guy essentially told me to agree to pay the £9.99 - first he said I wouldn't be charged the £9.99 at all and then he said "Even if money is deducted from you i promise that it will be refunded that i assure you that". 

Really?  Which is it?   I just don't want to risk entering into an extra £9.99 per month and then fighting with Vodafone for a refund (I can just see them saying I agreed to the Terms & Conditions to pay £9.99).  Please can someone advise.

Thanks

Akhil : Hi, how can I help you today?
You : Hi. I signed up to a Red Entertainment contract last year.
You : I would now like to activate one of the offers
You : Spotify
Akhil : no worries i will surely help you with that
You : but when I follow the link it tells me I need to pay £9.99 a month
You : its meant to be free
Akhil : Have you tried this

In Order to activate your service you need to send text ENTERTAINMENT to 97613
And please select the app from the link you will get in reply and kindly do it with your mobile data ON.
You : Yes
You : as I say it tells me Spotify is £9.99
Akhil : NO worries i will check your account for this and help you with this:)
Akhil : Please can you let me know your full name and mobile number.
You : xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You : xxxxxxxxxxx
Akhil : Could you please confirm the 1st and 2nd digit of your PIN?
You : PIN?
Akhil : 4 digit pin of your account
You : No idea
Akhil : No worries, I will help you with other easier questions.
Akhil : Could you confirm the first 2 & last 2 characters of your memorable word?
You : xxxxx
Akhil : Perfect!
Please allow me a moment while i check your account.
Meanwhile I hope you are having a great day?
You : Thanks
Akhil : Happy to know that you are also having a great day:)
You are my first chat of the day i am glad to help you here and i must admit iam already getting the positive vibes:)
You : Ok. Sounds good
You : Are you still there?
Akhil : Yes as i can see that you are already in the plan do not worry just follow the above step and you will be fine to go
You : Nope still telling me to pay £9.99
Akhil : Could you please confirm have you sent the text from this number 0***********)?
You : Yes I have
Akhil : It is a general message you have nothing to worry you have my word it will not affect you at all choose spotify and you are good to go
Akhil : Ignore that message
You : Ok
Akhil : Even if money is deducted from you i promise that it will be refunded that i assure you that:)
You : So you’re telling me I should agree to the £9.99 and Vodafone will refund me?
Akhil : It will not be deducted even if there is any issue with that we will help you with that:)
Akhil : We are just one Big Vodafone family and its my pleasure to help you and your problem is our problem and your happiness is our happiness too
You : Ok so you’re telling me I should agree to the £9.99 but I won’t actually be charged that?
Akhil : Yes
You : Ok. I’ll try it. Thanks
Akhil : I am glad I gave you a perfectly efficient and helpful service here.
Is there anything else I can help you with to make your experience better?
Vodafone is always here to help you:)
If you wish to have a transcript of this conversation just wait for a pop up to appear after the chat is ended just fill in the details and all the transcript will be sent to your email:)
You : Ok thanks
3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately the Vodafone Social Media Teams here are no longer able to help with account access based issues from posts via the Vodafone Community forum @martyboy 

You would now need to engage with them via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Mexicanwave
4: Newbie

Hi.  IMO, I would actually give them a call on  191 from your number, And ask to speak to the Entertainment team,  As i have the Spotify with my plan, And it didn't come up for me as the payable option. 

So i would definitely give them a call to clarify this, Even if it is for your piece of mind.

The only part i CAN confimr as correct info, Is that you should be using your Data rather than the Wi-Fi connection.

Thanks both