Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Refurbed phone

Hartland13
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Have just ordered a Google Pixel 3 and have recieved a box which isnt Google branded and also the protective film on the phone is missing.

I have been told 2 reasons this might be 

1. Its been returned after someone used it for 14 days and is still classed as brand new at Vodafone

2. All packaging was removed so Vodafone could lock it to Vodafone.

I have never had this issue before with a new phone and it always comes in a branded sealed package. It seems like a massive load of ##~## to me and i have now been told the only way I have to return it is to take it to a store.

Very ##~## off

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

A refurb or also known as a nearly new phone is a phone that has most probably been sent back by someone within their 14 day cooling off period @Hartland13 

This isn't a new phone and imo can't be classed as such.

As such if the packaging was not suitable then they'd put in in their own Vodafone box if a refurb/ nearly new phone was chosen instead of a brand new phone.

I have heard of Vodafone re packaging new phones but that was a while back.

The original owner may have removed the in transit plastic on the display and back of the phone when they were using it. Not all phones come with plastic in transit plastic films however.

The phone aesthetic condition should be good and any accessories such as the data cable and charging brick should be present if relevant.

Vodafone then offer these handsets usually at a reduced price to reflect they are not new.

If a person is not happy with the phone they can send it back within the cooling off period.

You can return it to a Vodafone Highstreet Store or ask Vodafone customer services for a returns bag.

If a person wants a phone that's new i.e pristine with the original packaging then a refurb or nearly new phone isn't really for them.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for that answer. 

I was sold this as a brand new phone with no discount.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Hartland13 

I'd say go with your gut feeling and return it if you feel it's not a new phone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

There have been caes in the past of the network receiving phones in bulk and boxing them up themselves, though this usually happens with in-demand devices when they're very new.  I agree with @BandOfBrothers that, at the very least, it doesn't look good.  You don't say, but I assume the phone came with all the expected accessories?

You have two possible courses of action.

1.  Contact the Social Media team via Facebook or Twitter and ask them to investigate.   It should be possible to trace your order and ascertain what's actually happened.   All this may take you over the 14 day cooling-off period but, imho, you ought still be able to ask for a repacement if what you've got isn't what you ordered.

2. Return the device under the cooling-off period and start again.