Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Refusing NHS advantage discount on iPhone 12 pro upgrade

MikeTaf86
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Anyone else being refused NHS advantage discount?
Prior to upgrade NHS advantage discount was advised would be applied to new upgrade by Vodafone staff but once upgraded Vodafone now refuse to give this discount. I have screenshots of conversation confirming discount will be applied so are they obliged to honour this discount?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

What specific reason are Vodafone refusing to apply the discount @MikeTaf86  ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

They are saying there is a promotional discount already applied. The grievance is that the question was asked prior to taking the upgrade would the advantage discount still be added to which the Vodafone staff member has said yes this will also be added on top of this. Once I’ve then taken this upgrade on that basis Vodafone are then declining to add this discount.

I have the conversation screenshots as proof but Vodafone still don’t care and are willing to lose a loyal customer by not adding what they had agreed they would add.

AnnS

Hi @MikeTaf86 

If you have received the phone, there is no reason for Vodafone being unable to add the NHS Advantage discount, the iphone 12 range is on the list of eligible phones here: Advantage Discount 

If the order has not been completed you will need to wait until you have received the phone, you then have 30 days to apply the discount to the plan.

edited to add:  As you already have a discount on the plan. you wouldn't be able to the Advantage discount, if the Advantage discount is better than the discounted plan, you would need to cancel and take a plan minus the discount. Vodafone won't give you two discounts.

The discount they are basing it on is the trade in which isn’t really a discount as they are receiving a phone to cover that trade in. The gripe is they were aware of all pricing when asked and still advised discount would be added but once I’ve received the phone and attempted to add on plan they then refuse to add this. 

AnnS

Hi @MikeTaf86 

The Advantage discount offers don't apply to trade in plans and Vodafone have this mentioned in the T & C's:

Vodafone Advantage Terms and Conditions 

BandOfBrothers

Totally understand and appreciate that you made an informed decision going from the official advice of a Vodafone Agent @MikeTaf86 

You could raise a complaint  but they may circumvent the advise given previously and fall back on their T&C's.

We are customers here and can only show Terms and Conditions etc so really it's upto Vodafone UK to either cone to a reasonable conclusion,  you accept what's now been advised or cancel and move on.

Keep in mind your cooling off period.

I wish you all the best with this however you proceed. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MikeTaf86 I appreciate your frustration here. As we're unable to stack discounts, you wouldn't be able to make use of the trade-in discount and the NHS Advantage discount at the same time. As advised, if you're within your 14-day cooling-off period you'd be able to return the device and re-order with your preferred discount or continue with the contract as it stands.