Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retaining Vodafone plan when moving phones

VickiD
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have an iPhone SE and am thinking of upgrading, maybe to an iPhone 12 (any views on iPhone 12 very welcome).

Will I have to swap to another Vodaphone plan as I wish to retain my existing one >

Can I retain my existing Vodafone plan and phone number simply by swapping my SIM from old phone to new one ?

How to ensure that all the apps, data etc that I have on my old phone will appear on new phone.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

When you upgrade it will be with an Evo Plan here: Evo , and you will be agreeing to a device and separate new airtime plan @VickiD 

The other alternative is to buy the phone outright and continue with the same plan on a 30 day roll over contract.  However, as you will be out of contract, this would be costly, much cheaper to change to an equivalent SIM only contract.  Take a look at the Apple site, they have credit plans available for the phone purchase.  Also, take a look at third party sites.

hrym

With regard to apps and data, I'm not familiar with the Apple process, but it'll be similar to Android.   When you sign in, you should be prompted to restore your account and this will download your apps and re-sync data that's stored on your Apple account.   You may find that some app data isn't restored (if they don't sync with your Apple account) and that you have to sign in again to apps that require it.   If you have bank apps, check their pdocedures on their websites or the previous device.   Some apps offer an export option and you can move the resulting files to a cloud account and import from there.

All this uses a lot of data, so it's best done on wifi unless you have an Unlimited Vodafone tarriff.