Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Simultaneous device return and different upgrade phone order

TonySpoons
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Ordered an S20 FE last week on a good upgrade deal, received the device and opened the box and not set it up yet as been too busy, the phone is in an 'as new' condition just the seal is broken on the box.

Fast forward to this week and the S21 trade-in offer (we happen to have an S9) which obviously represents better value. Anyone know if we process a return for the S20 FE if we'll be able to simultaneously re-upgrade to the S21 to ensure we don't miss out on the trade-in offer?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @TonySpoons 

You would need to request a returns bag from Vodafone Customer services and send the phone back and then have your account reset to pre upgrade stage.

Only then can you then re upgrade @TonySpoons 

A person has 14 days cooling off period to return a device and reverse the upgrade.

I'll take a look again but I believe the s21 launches on the 29/1/21 which I feel won't be enough time between now and then to get the phone sent back and your account reset.

Edit Looking at the Vodafone page you have to do this by 28th January 21.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for that. Any idea how long the S21 trade-in offer is running for? Can't find anything online

Edit: Also, if I ordered the S21 as a separate order to meet a deadline for the trade-in offer (if necessary) and just cancelled my S9 contract at the end of its term, how easy is it to port the phone number from the S9 account to the new S21 account?

BandOfBrothers

Looking at Here its got to be done before 28/1/21.

Screenshot_20210119-201958_Samsung Internet.jpg

Current Phone  >

BandOfBrothers

Do you mean take out a 2nd line on your contract to get the s21 with a new number ?

You can move your original number from your current account to the new account if you wish when your current contract ends.

Moving old vodafone number onto new Vodafone Contract. Credits to AnnS.
There are two ways this can be done.

1.  Cancel the old contract and ask for the number to be moved to PAYG.  The number will be scheduled to move to PAYG after 30 days.  You will then receive a new PAYG SIM card to activate and top up a small amount to get it active on the network.  You will then be able to transfer the number to the new contract

.2.  Ask Vodafone for a PAC code, move the old number to an alternative network, use the SIM as PAYG on the other network and ask for a PAC code to move the number onto the new contract.If your original contract near it’s end date ?

If not then actioning the above would end it and invoke any relavent early termination fee. 

Current Phone  >

Or if disposable income allows buy the phone directly from Samsung UK and trade in your old phone.

Current Phone  >

Contract 1 is due to end in March (hence the recent upgrade) so if I take out contract 2 for the S21 offer the only way to port the phone number from Contract 1 is via an intermediate SIM? (either Vodafone PAYG or another network). How quickly and smoothly can this happen to minimise disruption to contactability? Can both phone number ports (Contract 1 to PAYG, then PAYG to Contract 2) take place on the same day?

Edit: obviously we wouldn't bother porting until March and would just use the old contract 1 sim until then

BandOfBrothers

Hi @TonySpoons 

Possibly in my opinion not on the same day as you'll need to activate the Payg sim by topping it up and use it to make calls etc to ensure your number is latched and working as it should to make and take calls and texts etc. i.e your number has ported over successfully.

Current Phone  >