Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

So do I have a contract or not?

DThompson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I went to the Bluewater store in person on Saturday to move from PAYG to PAY Monthly.

I signed up for the 16Gb entertainment pack on a 12 month SIM only contract. I was given a new SIM card and told:

1. It would take 24 hours to activate the new card

2. The request to port my number from the PAYG to PAYM would be made on Monday as they don't work weekends, and

3. The number would trasfer over on Tuesday. I should just swap the SIM over then this happened.

All straight forward.

BUT, on Saturday afternoon, I recieved a PAC number by SMS. I didn't think this was necessary, but thought nothing more of it.

Today I decided to use the online chat to check things were progressing as I'd heard nothing else - I was kind of expecting a "We'll be transferring you today" type of message, so I thought it best to check.

After 1 hour and 43 minutes of chat and being passed around three different people, I'm completely lost.

They can find no record of the account number (shown on the order form), or any record of the (temporary) PAY Monthly phone number (also shown on order form). Needless to say when I pop the temporary PAYM SIM in, it say's no service.

They tell me to contact the store - but (1) it's too far away to 'pop' into, and (2) when I eventually got a phone number, it only goes to voice mail, and no one returns the messages.

So. I have a PAYG number which may or may not be transferring today to a SIM that's not active on an account that may or may not exist and no one at Vodafone can offer any kind of explanation or assistance. On line support just says talk to store, store doesn't want to talk to me. 

Any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

That's excellent news. All that's necessary now is to get you a consumer contract. That ought to be sorted to avoid further problems down the road.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DThompson – I’m disappointed to hear what’s happened.

So we can help further, I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch.