Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Still being billed even though I've left Vodafone

gianni88
4: Newbie

I'm still being billed by Vodafone even though I left for O2 2 months ago via PAC code. I called customer services and they told me this issue was solved but apparently it's not. I have no Vodafone service at all - my number is completely ported over to O2.

What is the way to resolve this? Should I be using the direct debit guarantee? Complaint to Ofcom? Small claims court?

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @gianni88 

As far as your bills are concerned when you leave you will receive two further bills, one for the months line rental you were in up to your billing date, plus one further bill, this will be your final bill and will have a 0.00 balance as your confirmation the account is closed and there is nothing further owing on the account.  There is further information on this here: Leaving Vodafone Cancel Account 

The Direct Debit Guarantee is the banks own guarantee. Further information on this from Vodafone here: Direct Debit Guarantee 

My account is still showing up as "Active" on myvodafone. Is that normal? I think the billing team has made a mistake somewhere.

AnnS

@gianni88 wrote:

My account is still showing up as "Active" on myvodafone. Is that normal? I think the billing team has made a mistake somewhere.

Yes @gianni88 You will still have access to your Vodafone account for up to 6 months after leaving to check bills.  You have ported out the number this is now on an alternative network, an account cannot exist on a network without a number.  You should receive your final bill about a month to 6 weeks after leaving with a 0.00 balance keep the direct debit in place until then, until this has been received the account will still be active.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @gianni88 - as @AnnS has mentioned, it's normal to receive a bill during the month you leave, as our contracts are billed a month in advance. Then when the final bill is produced, you'll be credited back for any line rental you were charged in advance, for the time after you cancelled. 

Your online account will remain open to allow you access to your bills - if you'd like us to double check your account for a little reassurance we'll be more than happy to do so, just pop my team a message on social media. 

If you include your community username and a link to your post, you won't need to repeat yourself either 🙂

No, you guys are wrong - something has gone wrong with the billing. I left Vodafone on May 10 and I've just received my second full bill for £38.

To reiterate - I have been on O2 since 10th of May and my number is ported over - I am no longer a Vodafone customer and I am still being billed.

I was on hold to Vodafone customer services for an hour (!!) and they said there is a billing problem but they don't know what it is!. 

Can somebody help me with this? I've been advised to take Vodafone to small claims court but surely there is an easier solution.

Can anyone help me? I am trying to be really patient and I'd really appreciate someone reaching out to solve this for me. I don't care about the extra bills, I would just like my contract cancelled.

AnnS

Hi @gianni88 

@Amanda has replied to you above offering help, there is no account access on the Community and you need to follow her link and speak to the Social Team.  The other alternative is to follow the complaints process where you will be assigned a case handler here: Complaints 

The complaints procedure isn't working for me (The chat bot says Internal Server Error) and when I try and call I am on hold for 2 hours. I've tried the social media contact several times but I never receive a reply. Is there really no way I can solve this without taking out a small claims court case?

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please come and speak to my team via social media @gianni88 - we'd really love to help get things sorted. 

Just head to Facebook or Twitter (the steps and details are on the link in my first post) and when presented with the automated options, select Get Started > Message an advisor and this will get you through to us.