Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Subscription Scam

darrenp63
4: Newbie

I was awaken at 5.30 this morning by a text message saying I had subscribed to something and it was £4.50 per week. I have never subscribed to anything on my phone and even have a bar to stop this.

Just checked my account and £4.50 has been added to my bill.

I don't want to send 'Stop' only to end up being charged even more or on some kind of scammer list and this happen again.

So, will the amount be removed from my bill seeing as I have a bar and this shouldn't happen.

63 REPLIES 63

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I completely understand @darrenp63. I've sent you another private message with a way to get in touch. You should get a confirmation email almost immediately after submitting. 

Email sent.

Thanks.

My wife has just been had by this scam. The Fuze Forge website claims she jumped through hoops to sign up, but it's all BS.

I'm furious that I'm replying to a message first posted in the middle of 2018 and we've been scammed in April 2019. Why hasn't Vodafone done anything about this?! Why is the default that we can get scammed, that we have to ask to have a block on these scammers?

Vodafone clearly make money from this or they would sort it out.

What a waste of my Satrday morning dealing with this.

I have successfully challenged such charges and provided the documents I used and court papers to many poeple who have also been successful.

@RGW wrote:

I have successfully challenged such charges and provided the documents I used and court papers to many poeple who have also been successful.

Can I endorse what @RGW  has said. It's important not to let these Payforit scammers get away with it. The legal process is straightforward in the case of companies based in the UK. These cases rarely get to court as the companies concerned know how easy it is to challenge the supposed "consent to charge".

Unfortunately however, FuzeForge and Watchit.tv are both based overseas (but in the EU). Some of the other companies involved in this dubious business are based in Belize or the UAE. It it possible to use the Moneyclaim Online procedure in these cases, or is it more complicated?

Disgusting that Vodafone expect their customers to take legal action, when the Payforit rules are clear that customers can escalate their complaint to Vodafone.

Screenshot 2019-01-29 10.15.05.png

Vodafone staff also seem to be hopelessly confused by the role of the Phone-paid Services Authority, as evidenced by this thread: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/WATCHIT/m-p/2610473

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you girlfriend's received unexpected charges after connecting to a website @zebadino, we'll be happy to look into this and see if there's anything we can do to help her. As we'll need access to her account, please ask her to contact us by following the instructions in this private message and we'll be in touch.

Will do, cheers

Thank you, appreciate it.

Apology if I am bit harsh. We are complaining to a company who is part of the scam. We signed a contract with Vodafone for their services not to collect money for other companies. 

There is no verification process when these subscription happens. I am 100 sure that Vodafone get commission from all scam subscriptions.

They are allowed to take money but they are not allowed to refund. They ask you to complain to PSA. At first place who allowed them to take this money without any verification.

I would say there is white collar thief around us be careful

Marvellous111
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I noticed that I had a large bill. I normally pay no more than £20-£30 a month on bills.

A bill of £48 the previous month was paid, when i was searching through the Vodafone app I noticed this average bill discrepancy.  I checked more into into. found out Fuze forge games were billing me for games. £4.50 per week. 4 weeks for previous week and 2 for current bill. Thats 6  times I was charged £4.50

Vodafone said it was a third party issue, they then advised me to have this blocked. "huh why was it not blocked before"? economical robbery because it can be done legally. 

Any way I have had no return calls after leaving 6 messages in a week by Fuze forge games. Im out of pocket. with a company which I'M UNABLE TO SEND A SMALL CLAIMS NOTICE TO. 

I've spent hours trying to sort this out. it not worth the refund, Im doing it because of principle.

This is robbery.