Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switching regions

Jamburger
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am moving from Egypt to England, but I need to get a monthly phone contract here. I want to know, can I get a contract in Egypt, and then transfer it to a UK branch, or do I have to just buy it fully and then get a British sim in the UK? I would prefer getting monthly installments here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Jamburger 

The agreement you have now is with Vodafone Egypt with an Egyptian telephone number, you can't transfer a contract to an different country.

You won't be able to get a contract immediately with Vodafone UK, to meet the credit criteria and identity check you are expected to have some form of previous UK credit history for Vodafone to base the credit check and be on the electoral roll at a UK address.

When you arrive in the UK an alternative to Vodafone PAYG is Voxi where you will receive unlimited social data still Vodafone but without any credit check.  However, to will need to provide your own phone. See here: Voxi

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers

Unfortunately Vodafone network's in different countries are not linked @Jamburger so you can't continue yours here unless you can roam.

You'd need to end your contract with your current provider so I wouldn't bother opening one up.

To get a contract in the UK a person needs to have a UK Bank Account, permanent UK address, Uk Credit or Debit Card and pass a Credit Check.

Credit-checks. 

You wouldn't pass this to begin with until you've been resident in the UK for a while to build up a credit history and be eligible to be on the electoral register.

You could however start off with a Payg account as no credit check is needed for one of these.

Vodafone UK Payg. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Jamburger 

The agreement you have now is with Vodafone Egypt with an Egyptian telephone number, you can't transfer a contract to an different country.

You won't be able to get a contract immediately with Vodafone UK, to meet the credit criteria and identity check you are expected to have some form of previous UK credit history for Vodafone to base the credit check and be on the electoral roll at a UK address.

When you arrive in the UK an alternative to Vodafone PAYG is Voxi where you will receive unlimited social data still Vodafone but without any credit check.  However, to will need to provide your own phone. See here: Voxi