Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switching to Voxi

Mrcarrot1997
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My upgrade date is approaching and by searching other discussions on this forum, it appears that i can phone up and switch to a sim only contract during my upgrade period, and keep my current phone. As Voxi is tied with Vodafone, can i switch to a Voxi contract during my upgrade period, but before my contract end?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mrcarrot1997 

Voxi is another part of Vodafone UK.

These should help.

Switch from Vodafone to Voxi. 

If you are switching from Vodafone, you will not need a PAC code and can contact Vodafone to move to a VOXI plan. contact-us. 

Voxi. 

So please use 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

They'll clarify the process to wind up your current Vodafone Contract and move you to a Voxi plan if that's what you want.

Or stay with your Vodafone contract and negotiate a new deal.

Choose the Thinking of leaving option when calling 191.

Please take into account all departments of Vodafone will be stretched due to these unprecedented times so please allow a little more time when contacting them.

🏳️‍🌈Stay Safe 🏳️‍🌈

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the help. If i switch to Voxi before the end of my contract but during my upgrade period, will i be charged anything extra?

@Mrcarrot1997 wrote:

Thanks for the help. If i switch to Voxi before the end of my contract but during my upgrade period, will i be charged anything extra?

Hi @Mrcarrot1997 

Vodafone would need to wind up.your current contract.

As I said a little earlier please contact Customer Services via 191 , Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via the link i added, and they will access your account and advise officially.

We are customers so obviously cannot access your account to advise officially.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I tried to do this last year and it’s a real battle with Vodafone customer services. You will get all sorts of excuses, for example they can’t transfer a pay monthly Vodafone contract to Voxi because Voxi is effectively pay as you go. ( I had been out of contract with Vodafone for 5 months) After an hour an a half on the phone, I gave up..

the easiest way was to transfer the number to another provider (O2, GiifGaff etc) on a pay as you go for a couple of weeks, then transfer it to Voxi. Doing it this way was completely automated and I didn’t have to deal with the customer services people at Vodafone who basically seem to want to do everything to not transfer it to Voxi. 

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @XR219! The way to transfer a number from Vodafone to VOXI is contact the VOXI team on Facebook or Twitter under VOXI_UK or via the website here, and an agent can move you over. You don't need a new SIM or number to process this, nor will you need to move to another network 

That must be new as last year I was told I had to contact Vodafone to do the switch. Thanks for the heads up to the web link 👍😊

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@XR219 I'm sorry you were misadvised, VOXI agents have always processed the switch manually. For more details, please check out the FAQs on the website here. It's under Joining and Set Up > Bring My Number 🙂