Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Texts saying I've made changes to my settings when I haven't

TheEllanory
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

At 6am this morning (whilst I was asleep!) I received two texts, the gist of which were:

• Just to confirm you've switched off your Roaming Spend Limit, this means you'll continue to be charged for any out of bundle data roaming usage  and
  • Thank you for asking to turn off wi fi calling.

Needless to say I didn't initiate these changes.  I called Vodafone who couldn't shed any light on these.  I also discovered a £14.75 'purchase' had been charged to my account but again the agent I spoke to couldn't see any details on what this was, I was told the detail isn't visible until the bill is generated at the end of the month.  I'm pretty tight fisted and never use my phone to text numbers that are chargeable, nor enter competitions, I don't send picture texts and I am pretty sure I didn't initiate anything to result in a charge of £14.75.

How concerned should I be?  I've now set my spend manager to zero (it was £20 for 'just in case' items but I think zero is safer).

I did take out a new contract with Vodafone but that was a month ago and I'd have expected any changes to settings etc to get notified at the time of the contract change, not a month later.

1 REPLY 1

Charlotte

Hello, @TheEllanory. I hope you're well. I understand that receiving unexpected notifications about changes to your account can be concerning, and we certainly want to make sure that everything is still as it should be. Please reach out to our Social Media Team so that they can double-check your account and the charge you've mentioned.