Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Told Phone Was In Stock IT IS NOT

milanored
2: Seeker

On thursday i renewed my contract and chose the P20 Pro as my new phone, i was told it was coming into stock the next day and would leave then, i told the agent i did not want to wait for a phone any longer then a day and he said he knows thay are arriving tomorrow guarenteed, as soon as i recieved the emails with the new terms i get a email saying the phone is out of stock, i thought ok it will arrive next day as he said, today the day of delivery i get text no phone in stock be back in contact by message in three days with a update, this is exactly what i said i did not want and i was lied to, i can get the phone elsewehere but am i stuck with this contract, it could be weeks before they get stock i did try chat and they were useless just said they had no idea when it was back in stock

4 REPLIES 4

milanored

On thursday i renewed my contract and chose the P20 Pro as my new phone, i was told it was coming into stock the next day and would leave then, i told the agent i did not want to wait for a phone any longer then a day and he said he knows thay are arriving tomorrow guarenteed, as soon as i recieved the emails with the new terms i get a email saying the phone is out of stock, i thought ok it will arrive next day as he said, today the day of delivery i get text no phone in stock be back in contact by message in three days with a update, this is exactly what i said i did not want and i was lied to, i can get the phone elsewehere but am i stuck with this contract, it could be weeks before they get stock i did try chat and they were useless just said they had no idea when it was back in stock

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @milanored

Online stocking levels can change very fast so the phone could have initially shown in stock when they spoke to you. 

A person does have a 30 day cooling off period to cancel / return to pre upgrade status. 

And or your local Vodafone Highstreet Store may have item in stock but as they cannot allocate a phone from their in house pool of stock you would need to first cancel the online order , wait until your account returned to how it was and then go into store - depending if they still had actual stock. 

Or use an independent but discounts such as Vea employers discount would be available and you would become their customer with Vodafone supplying the connection. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello thank you for your answer but you missed the point, the phone was not in stock when i ordered it, the rep promised me it would be back in stock tommorow, they have deliveries on certain days and he knew the phone will be here tommorow he can see it on his screen as coming in the next day, this was not true as i have now found out, i am trying to cancel the contract renewal but trying to talk with someone who understands the basics of english is very difficult at vodafone and for today i have given up

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@milanored We usually can't cancel the order once it's been processed. You'd need to wait for the delivery and then you could return this under our 30 day network guarantee (if you wanted to). I do apologise for the misinformation about when more stock was going to arrive and I can appreciate this isn't an ideal situation for you 😕