Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to make ANY outgoing calls

Yellowsnow86
2: Seeker

So as the title says I'm unable to make any outgoing calls local landlines, mobiles or even 191 but can send sms and use my mobile data, I've contacted Vodafone via the online chat 6 TIMES now to no avail and since i can't physically ring Vodafone I'm stuck in a loop, Vodafone have sent several configuration messages ( hasn't worked ) online chat assistants have reset my account ( hasn't worked ) had my calls barred and unbarred ( hasn't worked ) getting fairly sick of going round in circles now to be honest, when I type #33*1919# I get the message ( call barring all outgoing calls service has been disabled )

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Is this happening everywhere you go @Yellowsnow86

Are no relevant caps or bars on your account. 

Has anything happened recently that could have affected your account  ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Got the missus to ring voda and get them to ring me while I was at work, it's been narrowed down to a connection issue as I'm able to make calls if I switch to 2G but not 4G so waiting on someone to contact me from the connections side.....

Calling using 4g known as VoLTE is for use in areas that supper that and for supported phones. 

The phone should switch down to 3g / 2g to allow calls if it's not supported. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Cuillioc

I know this post is old as Methuselah now but I stumbled across it because I had the exact same problem (except worse actually, as I couldn't send or receive texts or use data), and all the same useless "solutions" from Vodafone Customer Service. I finally, by pure happenstance, figured out the solution myself.

I have an iPhone XR, with a UK Vodafone SIM card (physical) and a US e-Sim with T-Mobile.

I go to Settings, then "Mobile Service".

The first set of menu options, "Mobile Data" I have selected the UK SIM.

In the third set of menu options, I have my UK SIM turned ON, and my US e-SIM turned OFF. Then I tap my UK SIM. Under the second set of menu options (under "Vodafone UK") I have a thing that says "Network Selection." THIS IS ESSENTIAL! Tap this, then toggle "Automatic" to "OFF" and select a different Network!!! Mine was choosing AT&T, I was able to select T-Mobile, and immediately all my problems were resolved!

Hope that this helps some poor soul someday who also finds this post and sees there might be hope!