Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade discount dilemma

simax
14: Advanced member

Hi guys, wonder if anyone with the knowledge can help...

I’ve had a £13 1GB 30 day sim running for about 6 months and yesterday I looked at upgrades either to a handset or another sim only and all of them offered a loyalty discount of a certain percentage. I requested a PAC and got a text back offering 4GB on a sim only for £7.70 albeit a 24 month deal. I spoke to someone on the phone and they said I can upgrade to a handset after 3 months.... now here is the quandary I have......

Now I have agreed to this sim offer, if I upgrade in say 5 months time to a handset contract, will I still be eligible for the loyalty discount of 10-15% that is normally offered, or will it be a full tariff price upgrade? Because if it is I will reverse the deal I’ve just taken out and wait as I’d rather get a loyalty discount on the handset deal later on...

Hope that makes sense 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

simax

Sorry for the delay - just thought I’d update with the answer I got in case anyone else has the same question. In short, yes. All discounts remain.

Thanks

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Best people to ask are the customer services teams at Vodafone if they will apply a loyalty discount @simax 

If this was my situation I'd cancel the recent upgrade within 14 days and take up the contract with phone option, but that's me.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @simax 

The benefit of a SIM only flexible upgrade is Vodafone writing of the remaining time automatically qualifying you for a handset upgade.

I don't see any reason you wouldn't qualify for the discount epecially when you are commiting to a new 24 month contract something Vodafone are keen to sell.

Please see here:  SIM only flexible Upgrades 

stonefences
10: Established
10: Established

Hi Simax

Nobody's going to give you a straight answer, because Upgrade discounts can vary depending on the handset ordered. A top of the range iPhone, for example, will have much less profit margin than an iPhone SE, and similarly an S20 Ultra 5G will have less than an A10 Samsung.

Vodafone will not offer an upgrade discount if the deal is unprofitable for them. Indeed is has been seen previously that new release models are not eligible for any discount at all other than NHS & Emergency Services discounts

simax

Thanks - I’m aware of that, just wondering if all discount options would be off the table.

BandOfBrothers

Only the Vodafone Customer service Teams wouod be able to officially clarify @simax 

Live Chat , 191 or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

We are customers here like you.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

simax

Sorry for the delay - just thought I’d update with the answer I got in case anyone else has the same question. In short, yes. All discounts remain.

Thanks

I was going through the same dilemma. Good to see that, there are still a thread about it. Save me some troubles!! Thanks!!!