Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade paperwork jungle

iainmann
9: Established

I have just upgraded my SIM-only Vodafone contract to a new contract with a device on a Voda Evo plan. I did it in-store. 

Jeez...why is it so complicated?

I have been sent 12 SMS text messages and eight emails, many of which have multiple attachments. 

I realise that I'm signing two contracts, but why so many messages from Vodafone? 

I traded in a phone valued by Voda's trade-in tool at £600...and received a receipt for the device for £00.00. I questioned this and was told not to worry it was normal and I would still receive £600. 

OK, might be normal for Voda but very confusing for the customer. 

Vodafone really needs to streamline its buying processes and contract signing communications and make them them way more customer-friendly. Cos they're not at the moment. 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I appreciate your viewpoint on this and I'd certainly be concerned if I had received such a receipt when expecting one for £600. Definitely keep an eye on that.

In regards to the Evo Contract I would suspect because one is entering into long term contractual agreements Vodafone need to ensure every tick box is ticked, and the customer is fully aware of this long term commitment and accepts while in the cooling off period.

Most of the communication will be automated and activated as the agreement proceeds @iainmann 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

iainmann
9: Established

I completely agree with the replies so far. Yes, I'm signing a contract -  in fact two contracts including the airtime one - and yes that will involve a fair bit of legalese. 

It's the sheer amount of information that deluges the customer, much of it repetitive and certainly not clear English. 

I can see how this deluge of legal necessities has probably grown up over the years as new buying features are added. What I'm saying is: now is the time for Voda to pull it together, simplify it and make it much more understandable on the customer side. 

And giving a receipt for £00.00 is just silly..

Loving my upgrade phone though :Smiling: