cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade - received a used/refurbished phone loose in a white box with no accessories

anobeithiol
8: Helper
8: Helper

I have been a Vodafone customer for a long time (much longer than I care to remember). Yesterday I arranged an upgrade to the 512GB Huawei P30 Pro which I have been waiting to come back into stock. Excited today I sign for the delivery and then get ready for my new device.  To my astonishment what is in the package is not great. Yes, its the P30 Pro which is a positive. Its in a plain white box with no accesories in a small bag with another little bag containing a leflet and a sim removal tool. I knew something was amiss when the box rattled. The handset is literally loose in the box. 

What has followed is about 3 hours of phone calls passed from pillar to post and treated like I am just making this up. I took lots of pictures when it arrived. 

I apparently have a replacment swap arriving tomorrow. If its not a new factory sealed handset I'm off. You will lose a £200 a month customer to another network.  I have three lines plus a tablet with data. 

Really really unimpressed Vodafone 😞

Hopefully somoene is reading this who give a bit more of a **** about customers than some of the advisers I have crossed swords with today. Barely even an apology apart from 'oh it must have been a packing error. '

:Smart_Phone: :Smiley_face_with_shades:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

carolclarke123
2: Seeker

Hi i am sitting in the same situation as you. I have been a customer for 16 years. To cut a long story short i got a cracking deal on the 30th November for a NEW phone. But due to it being a black Friday deal, I never received my phone until the 7th January.. when I got the phone I felt it wasn't great. I couldn't connect it to my car, people were complaining saying I sounded muffled. I realised the speaker was on the wrong place etc etc it was like the phone was built upside down. Anyway I contacted Vodafone and they sent me the packaging to return the phone and assured me that once they receive the phone they would send me out a NEW phone within a few days. I contact them a week later to be told I'm not getting a new phone as they still don't have them in stock. During the call it came out that the NEW phone I had received in January was actually a refurbished phone....they maybe forgot to tell me that eh. So during a pandemic of a very contagious virus they decide to send me a phone that someone else has had.. realised it was upside down..then I end up with it. SUERLY ITS ILLEGAL TO SELL SOMEONE SOMETHING AS NEW WHEN IT ITS NOT NEW...ITS USED AND BROKEN?????

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

There are only the contact options in Contact-us  it the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

What are you wanting to do at this stage ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It just gets better and better. Maybe Jeremy Beagle will jump out in a minute. . . :Cry_Laughing:

Apparently logistics cannot in any way promise that if they send a replacement 'NEW' phone, I wont receive another refurbished handset. . .. .. . . WT*?? 

They have however finally agreed that the definition of 'NEW' is a sealed unit in the original manufactuer sealed box will all the original accessories, and not a plain white box with IMEI blanked out with a marker pen and a white sticker over the top. . . .  They also agree that 'NEW' phones arrive with screen and back protectors on and not in a small bag rattling in the box that is too big... 

Its now gone to escalations and apparently internal investogations and I am now being promised a delivery on Sunday between 10.00 and 12.00. You couldnt make some of this up guys. . .  

Tune in on Sunday after 12.00 for the next episode of "All I want from Vodafone is what I ordered. .  part three" :Cry_Laughing:

Hopefully that'll be the end of it.

If not consider upgrading in a Vodafone Highstreet Store if convenient @anobeithiol 

Current Phone  >

@anobeithiol wrote:

It just gets better and better. Maybe Jeremy Beagle will jump out in a minute. . . :Cry_Laughing:

Apparently logistics cannot in any way promise that if they send a replacement 'NEW' phone, I wont receive another refurbished handset. . .. .. . . WT*?? 

They have however finally agreed that the definition of 'NEW' is a sealed unit in the original manufactuer sealed box will all the original accessories, and not a plain white box with IMEI blanked out with a marker pen and a white sticker over the top. . . .  They also agree that 'NEW' phones arrive with screen and back protectors on and not in a small bag rattling in the box that is too big... 

Its now gone to escalations and apparently internal investogations and I am now being promised a delivery on Sunday between 10.00 and 12.00. You couldnt make some of this up guys. . .  

Tune in on Sunday after 12.00 for the next episode of "All I want from Vodafone is what I ordered. .  part three" :Cry_Laughing:

As an erstwhile customer myself and having many years of experience on this forum,  I have to say that all this sounds like a load of bollards to me.  But you never know, so good luck !!

Just to update everyone... after three deliveries of refurbished handsets I eventually took delivery of a new sealed phone. Also was suitably compensated for my time and effort. 

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Excellent news.

carolclarke123

Hi i am sitting in the same situation as you. I have been a customer for 16 years. To cut a long story short i got a cracking deal on the 30th November for a NEW phone. But due to it being a black Friday deal, I never received my phone until the 7th January.. when I got the phone I felt it wasn't great. I couldn't connect it to my car, people were complaining saying I sounded muffled. I realised the speaker was on the wrong place etc etc it was like the phone was built upside down. Anyway I contacted Vodafone and they sent me the packaging to return the phone and assured me that once they receive the phone they would send me out a NEW phone within a few days. I contact them a week later to be told I'm not getting a new phone as they still don't have them in stock. During the call it came out that the NEW phone I had received in January was actually a refurbished phone....they maybe forgot to tell me that eh. So during a pandemic of a very contagious virus they decide to send me a phone that someone else has had.. realised it was upside down..then I end up with it. SUERLY ITS ILLEGAL TO SELL SOMEONE SOMETHING AS NEW WHEN IT ITS NOT NEW...ITS USED AND BROKEN?????

Any business selling something that is nearly new or refurbished would be required to list it as so @anobeithiol 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Mine was eventually (third time lucky) changed to a new factory sealed model. Was told it was a stocking error at the warehouse.