cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgraded phone 'lost' at DPD warehouse - What next?

nugentt
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I paid off my contract early and upgraded to the new S23 Ultra, delivery expected the 3rd of April.

Took the day off work due to the time frame of '8AM - 6PM' slot.

Phone never arrived, I contacted DPD who promised the phone would be delivered the following day (4th).

The phone never came again, I contacted Vodafone who then got onto DPD to be told the phone has been 'lost' inside the warehouse - obviously robbed.

I've now been told that I must wait 5+ working days for an investigation to be carried out and only then will my new phone be sent out.

I then received an email not long after to tell me my new phone has been re-ordered but it is now out of stock and they don't know when it will be back in? So I now have no time frame of when I will receive my new phone, I've just paid £380 to buy out my contract and will now shortly start paying for a phone I don't know when I will have?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

That's certainly an unfortunate set of events to be caught up in @nugentt 

It's not always a case of theft but that an item can be lost in the sea of parcels going through many depots.

It's reasonable for Vodafone to want to try and find out where their property has gone so will always want the Courier to conduct an investigation, and they will have blacklisted the phone's imei numbers so it's useless and won't work.

Most people nowadays know this so realise it's a fruitless avenue to go down.

It's even more unfortunate that the phone is now out of stock but do take into consideration that such lead tines can change quite quickly so hopefully you'll recieve your new phone ASAP.

Take care.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Very unfortunate indeed, was very excited to finally transition from apple over to Android... Maybe it wasn't meant to be? haha.

Hopefully it's back in stock soon, I think it's more so the vagueness of when that will be.

Thanks for your reply.