cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgraded to new plan, now I'm paying for two plans and two simcards. Confused at what to do next?

Mark_1982
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello!

My vodafone app was telling me about special deals if I change my pay monthly account. I spotted a good deal and there was a big discount, so I went for it.

A few days later I received a new simcard, and I see on my account details that I now have two plans. The one I'm currently using, and the new plan which I ordered.

I guess it was silly of me to think that the new plan I purchased would simply replace my existing plan and I wouldn't need to do anything else! :Smiling:

What's the best thing for me to do in this situation? I want to keep my current number, not the new number on the new simcard. I tried to do a simswap, but when putting in the number written on the new simcard I get an error saying "Our records show this SIM number is invalid, please check and try again." I've tried out the new simcard in my phone and all seems to be working fine.

Thank you!

Mark

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mark_1982 

That's strange, when you upgrade through the Application or online account, it would be for the same number.  It sounds like you were accepting a new number from my offers with a discount on an additional number.

If you are still in the 14 day exchange period, the easiest way to solve this is to cancel the new number.  Otherwise, it's going to need cancelling, the quickest way to get this done is to port out the number to any other network using a PAC and back in repeating the process with the other network on the new contract here: Keep My Number   You can find how to get the PAC from here: Cancel Account  scroll now to how to leave Vodafone.  Vodafone will probably offer to put the number on PAYG in readiness for you to move the number to the new contract, that is the long process and is going to take 30 days before the number moves.

The other thing to consider, is if the contract number you want to keep has any time left, Vodafone will be asking you to pay any early termination charges.  Also, you may lose the discount on the additional number.

For account access, contact Customer Services, you can also speak to the Social Team here: Contact Us 

AnnS, thinking back I think you're right! :Smiling: I'm looking at the upgrade offers on the app, and it looks different to the page where I bought the new simcard plan. My mistake... I should pay more attention.

Regarding your recommendation on the quickest way to cancel the new plan and simcard, would this first step be correct: Obtain the PAC code for the new simcard, then sign up for another contract elsewhere?

AnnS

Not a contract @Mark_1982  .

You also need a PAC for the old number not new number, otherwise you will be cancelling the new number.

Order a PAYG SIM for any other network, port out the old contract number to the PAYG SIM, this will immediately cancel the previous contract and generate the final bill.  Repeat the process with the other provider, when you have the PAC port back into Vodafone on the contract number you want to keep.  The process will take a maximum of 48 hours to complete and you will have the number you want to keep on the new contract.

However, if you are still in the 14 day return period, simply cancel.

Thank you for the detailed information AnnS! :Smiling:

Fortunately I purchased the plan on the 25th so I'm still within that return period. In this case would calling them to cancel on 191 be the best option?

BandOfBrothers

Yes @Mark_1982 it would be the best option as your within your cooling off period.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Definitely the best option  @Mark_1982 

BandOfBrothers

@Mark_1982 

Give customer services on 191 a call and or use Live Chat and they'll access your account and advise officially what you can do at this stage.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.