Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Uploading ID docs to Protect Me form in order to get PAC code

LA68
3: Seeker

My phone was stolen so I blocked sim. Have new phone & new contract with another provider. When I asked Vodafone for PAC code, they gave me PUK code by mistake. Now they are making me fill out Protect Me form to get PAC code. Trying to, but it's not accepting my screenshots of documents. I emailed screenshots to myself and chose "small" size. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @LA68 

The file can only be up to 2MB for each file and if you are attaching screenshots, this will probably be where you are having the problems.   It shouldn't be necessary for you to go to all this trouble to verify your identity, I trust this is the form Customer Services are asking you to complete:  Fraud ID Verification Form.

At least by coming to the forum you have found the place to get this solved, give the Forum Team time to get to the thread and they will be able to help removing the block against your number and get your PAC code for you to give to the new provider.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

LA68

should have said it's an iPhone 6S plus and I have disabilities 

BandOfBrothers

What's the error saying when your trying to send copies of your documents. 

It may also be worth checking in your App Store as there maybe an app that allows the sending of larger files.

I'm aware such apps exist in the Playstore for android. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @tekobaba27, as this is a public forum, we advise against posting any documents containing personal information and the images you wanted to post have been rejected.

If you're looking to request your PAC to take your number to another provider, the quickest way to do this is by texting 'PAC' to 65075 and it will be sent to you within minutes. If you've tried this and haven't received a reply, pop us a private message through one of our Social Channels and our dedicated team will be happy to help.

AnnS

Hi @LA68 

The file can only be up to 2MB for each file and if you are attaching screenshots, this will probably be where you are having the problems.   It shouldn't be necessary for you to go to all this trouble to verify your identity, I trust this is the form Customer Services are asking you to complete:  Fraud ID Verification Form.

At least by coming to the forum you have found the place to get this solved, give the Forum Team time to get to the thread and they will be able to help removing the block against your number and get your PAC code for you to give to the new provider.

The message I get is that the file has to be a jpg, pdf or png, which it was. It was maybe too big and someone made it smaller, but I’ve no idea if that was still too big. 

I cant access the App Store as I’ve lost all my passwords to everything. Don’t want to set things up again till I can use my old number. 

This is is causing me a great deal of distress, making my health worse. I asked to be put through to someone to speak about accessibility issues and they refused, telling me to go to the website. 

AnnS

Hi @LA68 

Fully sympathise with you, Vodafone shouldn't be making this difficult for you, it's stressful enough after your phone has been stolen and having to block the SIM to prevent unauthorised use.

If you have not used a PAC you will still have an account with Vodafone and all that should be necessary is for you to pass data protection, the SIM block should then be removed from your account and the PAC issued. This should be simple enough for Customer Services to do without asking you to complete a form to verify your identity.

Give the Forum Team time to get to the thread, they will know exactly what to do, the only problem is it won't be quick but at least it will be solved.

Yes. It’s that Fraud Identification Form they’re asking me to fill in. When I contacted them the first time, I was given the PUK not PAC code. So when I realised this was incorrect, I phoned back. I was used to all my passwords being stored on the phone that was stolen/lost, and also using my thumb print. So I couldn’t remember my pIN, but I passed their security questions. So why didn’t they believe I am who I say I am?

I have someone coming round tomorrow to take pdfs of my ID in 3 forms, and I’ll then re-submit this form. However, given they gave me the wrong code in the first place, it should never have come to this. Thanks for your help. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @LA68, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear you've had such a hard time getting hold of your PAC and I'll be happy to look into this for you.

So I can access your account safely, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch directly.