Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using PAC without penalty?

StuMcBill
4: Newbie

Hi,

I’m a current Vodafone customer, and will be changing provider when my contract comes to an end. However, I was wondering when I could officially use my PAC code without penalty?

I’ve logged into myvodafone and it shows the following:

Contract ends on 08/09/2024

Upgrade from 25 Jun 2024

Does this mean I can now use my PAC code since I am due an upgrade? Or is that an internal Vodafone “upgrade”?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Effie

Hey @StuMcBill I hope you are doing well! If you leave before the end of your contract, you will likely incur an early termination fee. This amount reduces the closer to the contract end date you get. If you give the Cancellations team a call, or drop them a message here, they can check how much your ETF would be at any given date and they can tell you when you would be able to leave without incurring one. 

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

The contact end date of 8th September will apply.

Vodafone will allow you to upgrade early to keep your business.

Once you’ve paid your August bill, you’ll have paid up till the end of your contact (as you’re billed a month ahead). So it’s a case of if you’re wanting to leave it right to the end, I’d port out on the 5th for it to take effect on the 6th (as the 8th is a Sunday) before another bill is generated.

CrimsonLiar

See: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-and-broadband/switching-provider/switching-mobile-phone-provider/
The text that includes your PAC is supposed to include info on any charges that you are likely to incur.
*Coming to the end of my own contract very soon.  I'm hoping that I don't have the repeat of my broadband experience where I had to either pay through the nose or switch - only to get a couple of nice offers (and one seriously odd offer) after it was too late for me to switch back!