cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voda cancelled a discount I had in writing, and then renaged on a replacement contract

markv
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had a SIM-only pay monthly deal for £13/month (£19/month with a £6/month discount until July 2020). That was for 3GB/Unlimited/Unlimited. The deal has already been running for a year, but the discount was promised, and written on every monthly bill to run until 07/2020

Voda unilaterally cancelled the discount as of this month and charged me the full £19/month.

When I phoned customer services I was told that no discount lasts longer that 12 months and the fact that all previous bills had included the text, £6/month discount until July 2020 meant NOTHING.

That in itself sounds like a clear case for Trading Standards.

But forget that because Vodafone will credit me with the missing £6 discount for June.

And pay a £15 bonus 'to make me happy'.

And (after moving from Indial call centre #1 to Indian call-centre#2 to (Northern?) Ireland call-centre, I was offered the same deal for £9/month. That's £15/month with a £6/month discount.

OK, I'll forget the breach of contract and take the deal.

Unfortunately, when the contract note came through, it was for £15/month.  And no mention of the £6 refund or the £15 good-will payment.

Am I missing something?

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @markv 

When you made the agreement with Vodafone it was for a 12 month contract discounted contract whilst in agreement for 12 months, this means that when the contract minumum term ends and the contract rolls over to a 30 day agreement the discount will drop off and you will pay the full price for the contract until you upgrade or cancel.   

If you decide to upgrade the agreement for a further 12 months if still valid, the discount you were promised at the beginning of your previous contract will carry over to the new contract.  

You can check how long your discount is valid for from the My Vodafone Application or online account, this will also show the tariff for the new contract at the discounted rate. If you are due a credit this will be shown on the following months bill.

Thank you for responding so quickly.

I'm still a bit confused why my bills for the last year have said:

> £6 promotional discount ending 31 Jul 2020

...when it seems clear to Vodafone that discount was going to end in May 2019.

I was not offered any extension to the £19 -> £13 deal; it simply reverted to £19.

But that's past history.

My current problem if that I was offered £9/month (£15/month with a £6/month discount) and that deal has not been honoured; you have notified me by email my contract is £15/month)

Vodafone suits me, but there comes a point where the next best is a better bet. That point is very close.

Mark

AnnS

Hi @markv  Mark

To get this explained and clarified will need account access, the quickest way will be through Customer Services or  live chat at least then you will know exactly how long your discount is valid.

However, the team will get to the thread and be able to advise how to get in contact through the social media channels for direct help and support.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @markv 

I'm not surprised your getting confused with this !

You can contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via these official links.

Vodafone Facebook.

Vodafone Twitter.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi Mark.

There is a simple explanation regarding the email about your new contract.

The £6.00 discount is classed as a discretionary discount, whch is why it is not referred to in the email, which is automatically generated based on the Tariff of the new plan.  The price quoted does not include any discounts which may have been applied.

It is usual practice for  a sales advisor to send out a confirmation SMS after the call to confirm the new price etc. , which normally does show any discount applied. That is the one you should be relying on, not the email!

Hope this helps!

Seems the discount wasn't applied by the CS agent. Have now done online chat and it's sorted.

Thanks to all for the help and information.