Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone customer service shambolic, repeated requests for ID verification

dmckoy35
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was lucky enough to submit a complaint via Resolvers website as Vodafones useless Tobi Bot and the online chat staff are completly inept and try to fob you off.  My bill was higher than normal and I raised a complaint to dispute it, i have a pay monthly contract phone, apple watch contract and vodafone broadband. This customer service agent from India has asked me twice to verify my ID online, i completed the verification yesterday (uploading a pic of my bank statement & drivers licence). Today I was asked again to complete verification checks, im very apprehensive to this again, as i have already submitted this information, i was also victim of a spoof email on facebook which I reckon has a part to play in my bill going higher than usual, this has been mentioned in the complaint. Im beyond wits end with vodafone, currently having to deal with losing two family members this month, funeral costs and now with this lingering high bill i dont know what to do. 

7 REPLIES 7

Steph

Hi @dmckoy35 I hope you're as well as you can be given the circumstances. I've very sorry to hear about the passing of two family members. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time. 

We absolutely need to get this bill looked at to make sure all of the charges are correct and valid. I appreciate that you have had a poor experience with our LiveChat team so instead, please drop a message to our Social Media team here so they can securely access your account and check out these charges for you. 

If you submitted your details using this form here yesterday in order to reset your security information, please don't submit them again. Our Security team will be in touch with you to get your PIN and memorable word changed within 24 hours. 

I was sent a link in my email to verify my ID again by the vodafone complaints case worker, This is what was sent:

Our reference: [Removed]

Dear Mr Mckoy

Thank you for getting back to us about your complaint.

Please verify your identity online

So that I can continue with my investigation into your concerns, I need you to complete some further identity checks.

Alternatively, you can call us on [Removed]  (standard call charges apply). Just to note, so that we can get you to the right team when you call, you'll need to enter your unique reference number [Removed].

We look forward to speaking to you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Jyonita [Removed]
Customer Relations
Vodafone Limited

I have already submitted my complaint last week on 18-11-21 via resolver which directs complaints to organisations directly instead of having to chat to bots, social media teams etc.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can understand your frustration about this @dmckoy35 - our Customer Relations team will be in touch about your Resolver complaint. 

If you need us to check anything, please get in touch over social media, as Steph has mentioned. 

I have now just received a THIRD request to verify and upload ID by customer relations. I uploaded my id over a week ago, I am somewhat sceptical to do this again as according to “Jyonita [Removed]” the security team haven’t confirmed to customer relations about my id checks. My complaint is in relation to fraud as it is, and I am NOT sending over my information again. Could someone advise me what to do as I am worried about the security of my account

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

this was sent to my email:

Our reference: [Removed]

Dear Mr Mckoy

Thanks for getting in touch with us about your recent experience. I'm really sorry this led to your email to our Customer Relations Team.

We would like to advise you that we still haven't received any response from our security team about the verification being completed, request you to please re-submit the form so that we can get the complaint resolved for you once we receive an update from them.

You can complete these online at www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/verifyme/form

If you have any further questions, please [Removed] within the next 45 days to advise us. We're available every day Monday to Sunday between 8am and 8pm. One of our case handlers will be ready to work through the issue with you. Alternatively, you can call us on [Removed]. (standard call charges apply).

Just to note, so that we can get you to the right team when you call, you'll need to enter your unique reference number [Removed].

Yours sincerely,

Jyonita[Removed]
Customer Relations
Vodafone Limited

Hi @dmckoy35, we would recommend that you contact our Customer Relations team using your unique reference number to get clarity about what's happening with the complaint. 

I have pointed this out to them and awaiting a response